The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Answer a few noob questions please.

GSTwithPSI

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the best way to remove the rear dog legs? At a quick glance, I didn't see any screws or anything. Is this one of those plastic clip deals, where they all break trying to get it off, and it never fits right ever again afterwards? Mine have seen better days, and need to be removed so I can refinish them.

Next, has anyone successfully removed the weather strip at the top of the hood (on the cowl) without destroying it? I can feel it has some tiny clips, but I can't get pliers into the cowling to release them. Any tips?

Lastly, I'm looking for some plastic hardware. I need some more of the little black clips that secure the A/C lines to the firewall. I'm guessing they can't be had new. Also in need of some of the push lock cable ties, the ones that secure the wiring harness to the body. Anyone sourcing these locally that you guys know of? Thanks in advance!

click

click

pot

Staff member
Brett the only insight I have is regarding the A/C retainer (black clip). The part # is: MU481044 and I believe they can still be purchased new. As far as the push lock cable ties, how many do you need?

prove_it

Never hurts to check the dealer. They might have a billion left to sell. Or maybe 2.

idreamidrive

The dog leg was a pain to get off for me, as you can see. I broke all the plastic pieces and didn't realize it was rtv'd or something on to the car. I went from the bottom up to rip it off.

As you can also see I haven't gotten time to put it back on the car. The bodyshop guys should be able to locate aftermarket clips. I think I used to get the plastic pieces from wurth. I used to get all my civic plastic holding pieces from ebay though.

strokin4dr

Too late now!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned