The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4ws delete and fuel system upgrade at the same time?...

dsm5062

This is just an idea me and a friend were discussing while underneath the galant on the lift, we were talking about the 4ws delete and I was showing him the lines from the engine bay to the rear rack and he said you realize you have good sized solid steel tubing running from your engine bay to your rear that are about -6 and -8 an size.. you could cut the line at the engine bay and flare it and run your feed to the rail and cut an flare it at the rear and run that to your tank or aftermarket external pump using an fittings and line and its a larger tank to rail fuel system that is already run and looks factory because it is. It makes sense instead of trying to delete or seal the lines, why not use them? This was simply a late night engine pull discussion so feel free to poke holes in my theory, I just figured I would see what everyone else thought about it and maybe start some brainstorming.

prove_it

Feasible I think.

You still need to buy/build lines to connect the fuel pump to the line, then the line to filter. I usally replace everything when I do an upgrade, just to be on the safe side.

dsm5062

Yeah true it would still cut the cost of x amount of braided line to run the length of the car and eliminate having to drill and rivet line clamps all down the car since the 4ws lines are tucked neatly under the car in their factory mounts. Im not saying people should stop buying braided tank to rail kits or running it themselves, I just thought it was a pretty cool idea making use of the existing and useless(after 4ws delete) lines that are already mounted under the car and are the perfect size. I like to think outside the box and explore new ideas lol

jmorri15

yeah thats a great idea. now would you run the braided lines? through the inside to mate up with the 4ws lines where then begin to go straight, forward of the rear diff? or somewhere else?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I think it is a decent idea, and the location is pretty good where they come out on the engine end.

dsm5062

Yeah right where they are still hard line right before the diff looks like a good spot to run braided line to the pump, and in the engine bay right near the trans mount looks like a good spot to run the line to the rail

kama1

Seems to be a decent idea.

brisvr4

I pulled my 4ws lines out a while ago and have just replaced them with aluminium -8 line bolted into the stock route along that rail. I also routed it up and across the car at the rear so it joins to pushlock line just in front of where the stock rubber lines join the hard line.
I put some convoluted conduit over the pushlock hose to help protect it.
Same at the front, it tucks straight between that front cross member and the body and from there it's a straight run to the fuel rail.
I can take a few pics tonight if you need any ideas.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned