The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

am i ready for e85?

yeti

ok so here's an update. i posted under this thread because i feel this still falls under this thread.

ok so i had a bad knock sensor and got another one and also switched to my 1g maf so i did some pulls up and down the street and my wastegate actuater isnt working properly as i boosted to 20psi on wg pressure, so i connected the BCS and i boost 14psi tops now. i usually dont really get any knock now but i still did see some degrees during the WOT pull and also when ever i see my CEL FLASH I let off the throttle just wondering if you guys could review my log and see a reason for this knock to appear?

STOCK TIMING TABLES

here's a link to a log with the new knock sensor

click

yeti

ok so i leaned my a/f mixture out to about 10.5 to 11.6 during wot(previous wot afr's were 9.2-10.0 and i saw less knock here's a second log of me leaned out a bit more

il post a link in a minute.

also i get knock while reving at a stand still (but less after i leaned out)

click

Last edited:

Barnes

I thought you were only goning to log with your dsmlink.

Honestly, your best bet is to return as much of the car to stock as possible and run these issues to ground.THEN start the mod process again.

yeti

returning the car to stock is not an option as i see more work going backwards then to go fowards, ive been teaching my self on dsmlink its not to hard to understand but i stil have lots to learn, when i reduce timing lower than the stock timing tables i dont get knock should i just lower the timing?

yeti

so i leaned out fuel mixture and lowered timing and saw 1.4 degrees of knock, and the car made an excellent pull(felt amazing) but i also saw 8 degrees of knock while revving???

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned