The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Allow me to ask a stupid question about clear corners

Racah15

Hi,
The search function and I don't seem to get along too well, so I am asking for your guy's experience rather than try searching again. I picked up some clear corners and I see that the bulb is different. It's the single bulb not the dual bulb version. The plugs are not the same either. My noobish question is... are these plug and play? The plugs are different on my USDM ones than on my Clear ones. Is this a normal step for installing clear corners, or did I get the wrong part? I searched but came up with nothing as to if you have to install a new plug.

Thanks.

Last edited:

James

Use the (+) and (-) symbols to search. For instance if you need help with boost leaks...

+boost +leak -re
+clear +corner +install -re

Something to the nature

-re stops the search from bringing up every reply to each thread.

raptorWagon

You will have to splice in the clear corners to your factory corner light, if you have the connector pigtail for the Single bulb corners. Turbowop has a write up on using dual filament bulbs from a toyota to work in the housing, so you can use them as both turn indicators and parking lights. I just turned them into turn indicators on my car when I switched over to the JDM front bumper.

BpuVR4

Quoting James:
Use the (+) and (-) symbols to search. For instance if you need help with boost leaks...

+boost +leak -re
+clear +corner +install -re

Something to the nature

-re stops the search from bringing up every reply to each thread.

holy cow, first time ive ever heard this in all this time. I realize this sounded sarcastic, but definitely not. I always sifted through all the regular search threads...endlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

What you have is the facelift corners, When they decided to use the blinkers in the corners instead of the Foglight area. The older ones (pre-facelift) have the same twin wedge bulb as our USDM corners, because they used the blinker in the bumper like us too.

Racah15

Ah Gotcha, Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I do not have the pigtail, so it looks like I will be doing a junkyard run soon. I really like these clear ones, they have an edge to them that the USDM ones don't. Also, would DSM sockets work? I couldn't find turbowop's writeup, so I am assuming he just cut the pigtail and socket from a Toyota and spliced that in? If I'm going to do that, would a DSM work? There are an abundance of DSMs at my local yard usually, so I'm not too worried. I would like to retain the parking lamp only feature as I have a USDM bumper and don't plan to switch out any time soon. I really like the look of the clear corners, and the USDM bumper doesn't bother me. Any one know of a better solution?

Thanks for the help guys, you guys are very informative.

P.S. that search function is hard to use for the first couple times, I guess I'll have to get used to that, haha.

GSX_TC

Quoting blacksheep:
Mike - Any idea where to find pre-face lift JDM corners? That dude on ebay?

The pre facelift ones show up on eBay every now and then but more often you see the facelift single bulb type on there.

GSX_TC

Quoting Racah15:
Ah Gotcha, Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I do not have the pigtail, so it looks like I will be doing a junkyard run soon. I really like these clear ones, they have an edge to them that the USDM ones don't. Also, would DSM sockets work? I couldn't find turbowop's writeup, so I am assuming he just cut the pigtail and socket from a Toyota and spliced that in? If I'm going to do that, would a DSM work? There are an abundance of DSMs at my local yard usually, so I'm not too worried. I would like to retain the parking lamp only feature as I have a USDM bumper and don't plan to switch out any time soon. I really like the look of the clear corners, and the USDM bumper doesn't bother me. Any one know of a better solution?

Thanks for the help guys, you guys are very informative.

P.S. that search function is hard to use for the first couple times, I guess I'll have to get used to that, haha.

The corners lights on Diamond stars use a smaller bulb that would not fit into the JDM galant corner socket. however, you may be able to use the 1G DSM turn signal bulb and socket, but the only downside to that is they will only light up when you hit the blinkers.

Racah15

Thanks for the replys guys. Quick update. 2g corners work perfect. They just need a trimming like the Toyota ones do. One of the tabs is slightly larger than the ones on the JDM corner lights, so it just needs to be shaved down a bit. And 2g's are abundant in the junk yard, so have at it!

P.S. the reason I chose 2g corners is because they have turn signal and corner lights both into one housing. So if you take off the pigtail from a 2g, all you have to do (in my case) is wire up the parking light and the ground and it works just like factory. You can however, wire up the turn signal from the bumper to it also. So then you have parking and turn signal on one light.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned