The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G TEL front hub question

moduleunknown

I feel very noobish asking this, but haven't been able to find my answer by searching.

I'm sure you can guess where this is going - 5 lug conversion. What I'm trying to find out is, will the GVR4 calipers bolt directly on to any (90-94) 1G TEL front hub? Are the mounting holes the same for the smaller 1G DSM single piston calipers and the later/larger dual piston calipers? ABS is of no concern to me as it's being removed.

I ask because it seems 90-91 FWD DSM's are plentiful in the junk yards around my area. I have yet to find a junked 92.5 or newer DSM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting EMX5636:
And your second part is also yes. All the 1G spindles/hubs are the same.

Not entirely true. Interchangeable, but not identical. AWD ones are different than FWD.

EMX5636

They have a different CAPS part number, but I've yet to see an actual difference on the car.

moduleunknown

So i'll be ok grabbing front hubs from an NA 1G? I'm about to head back out to pick n pull, and i'll probably grab the fronts if that's the case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting EMX5636:
They have a different CAPS part number, but I've yet to see an actual difference on the car.

They are different. The steering linkage arms rise higher, about 22 mm if I recall correctly. I published photos here last summer showing the difference. I am utilizing FWD knuckles on my car because it is lowered quite a bit. And I removed the ABS.

fivestardsm

I was just about to search for that post^^ FYI, if you do use the FWD, it definately needs to be aligned. Now granted, you should have an alignment done when messing with steering components anyway, but I rarely do when it is just a simple swap. And do not ever use one of each expecially with out an alignment, ago ahead, ask me why... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EMX5636

Quoting iceman69510:

They are different. The steering linkage arms rise higher, about 22 mm if I recall correctly. I published photos here last summer showing the difference. I am utilizing FWD knuckles on my car because it is lowered quite a bit. And I removed the ABS.

You are right. I stand corrected. I guess I've never put them side by side like that to notice. I couldn't tell on the car.

Sorry for the mis-information.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned