The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alaskan Axle Builders

I know I'm the only one in Alaska, but here goes anyway.
You would think, hope, pray that when you take a vehicle into a shop that you will get it back fixed. The things you asked to be done were done and done correctly. I took my Mitz Galant to a shop that specializes in drivelines. They were supposed to replace my rear wheel bearings and rear outboard CV joints. I supplied the parts from the dealer because there are no aftermarket parts for the rear. When they called me to get it the ABS light was on. No problem, we'll fix it. There fix was to remove the warning light. I had a way to check. But there were other things wrong. Saturday I checked over the car for anything else. They didn't replace the CV joints and they may have screwed up the bearings. The spindle drive flanges are loose and one of the ABS speed sensors is broken off. The left wheel made horrible noises when turned backwards. When I backed the car out of the hangar, the left rear wheel locked up. I had to jack the rear end back up and drag it out to the parking lot.
I had just drove that car 60 miles from home to work. I called the shop and they said "no problem, we'll fix it". Ya, right. Just like the last time. No Way Jose. The outfit is in Wasilla, Alaska and they are called Alaskan Axle Builders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned