The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aftermarket hood vents besides gt500 vent

fastfalcon94

Is anyone running anything else? I really like the jdm ones but read they really only fit the jdm hood. This is my DD/winter car so I wouldn't want to have $400 into a hood either. I'm running a civic radiator which is smaller than stock. I would like the vents to help keep the engine bay cooler. The closest thing I could find are these but they are chrome. I'm not sure how painting them would go.

click

Thanks - Charlie

89Mirageman

If you can weld or know a buddy that can you could always grab something from the junkyard from another car. I cut a section out of a subaru hood (about 2" around the vent) and plan to weld it in. Do a little body work on it and be done. Of course my car needs paint anyway so that may be a deal breaker if yours don't. Just an idea though.

cheaper and more effecient to just buy a stock radiator...
not being rude, you may love the look. just a practicle guy.

rdomeck

Those vent's do not go through the hood....So I don't think they would do much good! Go with a stock radiator!

fastfalcon94

well I want vents regardless of what radiator I have. I really like the looks of the jdm hoods. And a stock radiator will not fit because of my external wg setup. I plan on spraying the hood flat black when I'm done. It needs some work anyways. At the dragstrip I go to you can end up waiting in line some. I usually pop my hood as I creep forward. I'd rather just have a vent.

GSX_TC

Those chrom vents are hideous, I'm sure there's better ones out there. Maybe some sort of Evo looking hood you might like better.

alansupra94

I think the GT500 is nice and function /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I plan on doing it soon.

I am sure he is running a civic radiator for a reason.

fastfalcon94

Someone PM'd me with a link to tuners nation. I had never heard of that site! ha. Just ordered some FG vents from them. I'll take pics when they come in. I'm going to paint my hood a flat black, maybe even with the chalkboard paint we'll see.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned