The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

After market exhaust

prove_it

Listed all over the board. Only company I know of that has a GVR4 fitted exhaust system.

CMP exhaust

coyotes

Use a 1g or 2g downpipe, then modify a 1g catback to fit. it's already pretty close, just needs to be lengthened in the middle. That is what I did for my exhaust. fits good, sounds great, mostly a straight shot all the way back.

prove_it

Is that a yellow lightsaber in your hands? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

EfiniX

Quoting celm:
Who you guys recommend to get a full 3 in turbo back exhaust from?

I've got a full 3" Fujistubo exhaust. Don't know if you can still get them, though, but I'm happy with mine. If you can find a Mofugas system, they are pretty sweet too.

EfiniX

And honestly, don't be shy about going to an exhaust shop and getting a quote. So long as they can build a decent mandrel, you can get a custom setup that might very well cost the same as an aftermarket solution, and you'll probably end up paying less in the end since the custom price will include installation.

Doesn't hurt to check, right?

badams

I just ordered one from CM Performance 2.5 stainless from the turbo back. A couple things: Be patient, the guy told me it would take a week but it is more like 3 weeks. He sent me the wrong muffler as well, I ordered a dual tip and got a single. He said he would send me the correct one, still haven't got it. Everything else aside its a great product but just a little frustrating.

Wookalar

If you can afford it I would recommend going to a fab shop and having them build you a SS system with v bands throughout, mated to a magnaflow dual tip SS muffler. That's what I will be doing when I revise my exhaust system.

ApexHunter

+11111 for CMPE. I had a 3" Mild system. DP, TP and HFC, and cat back. It fit and sounded great. These things are made to order from what i can tell, so if it takes a few weeks give em a break, they've got to work it into their production schedule. These guys can't eat from selling GVR4 systems alone, i bet they are lucky to sell a dozen a year. It's nice that there is at least one manufacturer who still offers a high quality direct fit system.

badams

In case you haven't ordered an exhaust yet but i finally got the exhaust I ordered from CM Performance. Although I ordered the correct one I was sent the wrong one and it took almost two months to get the product I purchased. If you do order one make sure you get what you want because they will send you whatever ......

wrong finish
20140812_195041.jpg

what I ordered:
20140905_195351%5B1%5D.jpg

Kibby

Havent had the time to mess with it but i know im gonna have a hell of a time fitting up the 1g hks hi power catback. When i first mocked it up just looked like it wouldnt get under everything. Ill have to wait til i get free time and see where it needs to be lengthened

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned