The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

i found my old thread, exhaust questions

Brunoboy

this is how my exhaust is currently:
click

After re reading, Garfield said I can push my muffler back farther back and I looked today and it seems that I can a bit. Does anyone else have pics of where their exhaust sits? Also this is a full 3' turboback, will decreasing the 3' tip to a 2.25 tip for more sleeper look make a huge difference?:
click

PreskitVR4

Depends on your power level. If you choose a muffler with dual outlet like the stocker, then you will prolly give up nothing. Going with that small of a tip, will give you cool vacuum cleaner sound under boost.

Brunoboy

I am aiming for a 400awhp DD, but at the moment I have mid to high 200. I am not changing mufflers btw, I was just going to downsize the tip like the dsmtuners post. The muffler in the dsmtuners post and mine are the exact same company except that has two outlets. would it flow better with two tips at a smaller diameter than my single with a smaller tip?
-Shane

raptorWagon

Well if you look back in your old thread, you will see the pics of 1350 with the dual 3" outlet. It actually sat about even with the fuel tank, so if I had thrown a JDM bumper it would still be flush. It would flow better if you didn't change it from a 3" to a 2.25".

Brunoboy

Ok, yea I was under the car trying to see how much farther back I can push it. It can go higher up in the car right?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned