The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

adapter for American plate to Japanese license plate holes?

dkvr4

How did you put your license plate on? I've been searching online for a adapter but mostly see one for a Subaru which is $50? I'm not trying to be cheap but I think $50 for an adapter is just ridiculous lol. I might see if I can make some type of adapter by hitting my local Home Depot but if I can order something online to make it look more OEM I'd opt for that.

dkvr4

Yeah that was an option I didn't really want to use, the plate looks so clean as a "classic plate" - it may also just be my ocd lol

92_talon_awd

Use the factory front plate holder? Not sure if the USDM factory bracket fits the JDM bumper though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

TravVR4

crap.... I was just on a post earlier where the guy had adapters for $15.... i'll see if I can find it again

prove_it

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
Use the factory front plate holder? Not sure if the USDM factory bracket fits the JDM bumper though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That's a big negatory captain.

prove_it

Kinda cool you can flip them and run jdm plates on usdm mounts. Makes it more appealing

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned