The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C expansion valve

Barnes

Is the shop super busy? Otherwise they either A)Have no idea what they are doing or B)Are giving you the run-around.

Honestly, this sh*t is not the complicated.

When you are running the A/C, does the clutch stay engaged the entire time? Does it cycle on and off?

tsitalon1

No idea, I'm new to San Antonio. My only choice was to google A/C shops.

I'm a DIY guy, I've built 6-8 4g63's, and 6 AWD tranny's, so I tried tackling the A/C.

Everything looked good (gauges, evap lines) just can't get lower temps. Maybe I should bypass the heater core and buy a new condensor?

Barnes

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was giving you crap. I just think that A/C shop should have figured it out by now.

tsitalon1

No offense taken.

I agree, but short of spending thousands of dollars trying multiple AC shops, I'm kind of stuck. if they can't get it, i will bypass the heater core and see what happens. might try a new condenser as well.

quato

Where did you take it? Carlisle off of San Pedro helped me out a lot with my custom A/C install. I mostly dealt with the parts dept, can't speak for the service area but they seem pretty good.

tsitalon1

Eurasian auto repair very close to the airport.

I think they got it fixed. I'm now seeing 50º outlet temps with 90º ambient temps.

They didn't give me a run down of what they did, at least the charge was reasonable.

I'll keep this thread updated if things change.

I still have a question on what the setting of "+" and "-" does on the AC computer under the dash...anyone know?

Barnes

Try to get them to tell you what they did for future reference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned