The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Restoring HVAC housing

turboflanagan

I am replacing the expansion valve for the evaporator and all the foam is toast.

What would you use to replace it and where would you get it?

Would a hobby shop have that sort of foam?

I need it all. The thin stuff that goes around edges, thicker broad stuff to put on the back of the fresh/recirc doors, etc...

What would you suggest? And don't say "Get rid of the A/C".

Barnes

Whatever you do with the stuff that goes on the face of the flappers, get something good. I bought thin sheets of fairly firm foam from the hobby place. I don't remember what adhesive I used, but it never stuck to the flappers right. Eventually they just fell off and I couldn't get the flappers to work right. I think I just ended up replacing the whole box with another used OEM box with nicer foam.

I would suggest finding a place near you that you can actually see and examine the foam. You could order stuff from McMaster Carr, but it would be hard to tell if it is the right thing or not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned