The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 Galant VR-4 "Slutty Paula"

Got my prosport boost gauge wired up last night. Lights up white during the day and amber at night. I figured since the "blinds" weren't in the vent anyways that it must be meant to go there. Not the cleanest install, but I plan to make a nice bezel for it in the next couple weeks.

IMAG0197.jpg

Also redid the wheels and threw on some new tires.

IMAG0207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I picked up a DB Performance mbc today from a buddy and threw that in. Turned the boost up to 15psi and she pulls much harder now. I'm gonna throw it on the dyno today/tomorrow and get a baseline curve. Pics/vids to come later!

On another note, I successfully drove the car over 200 miles today with absolutely ZERO problems! In fact, you could argue that there were negative problems because me odometer issue that I thought I had before was non-existent. aka trip A matched trip B /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did notice that the clock will reset itself sometimes though. Not really sure why this is, but it's not a big issue at this point.

Threw it on the a dynodynamics dyno today just to get a baseline...Not a bad starting point.
012-800.jpg

226219_10100102724990260_16927411_46781032_427506_n.jpg

GSX_TC

147? Why is it so low? Is That normal for a vr4

a) It's stock minus exhaust and mbc set to 14psi
b) That's the power at the wheels aka after the drivetrain (not crank hp)
c) That's on a dynodynamics dyno. These read much lower than mustang and dynojet dynos.

GSX_TC

Ahh ok, is it still surging?

Haha I like your pedo bear sticker on the back

Last edited:

Yes, unfortunately it is still surging. I've got a MAP FIAV bypass plate in the mail and I have high hopes of that fixing the issue.

GSX_TC

Did u try just unplugging the isc? After I unplugged mine it stopped surging.

How much do u think it would of read on the other dynos?

Last edited:

My ISC is good, I've checked that.

dynodynamics vs dynojet
In this case the Dynojet would read %12 higher making my gvr4 read somewhere around 164whp on a dynojet. Numbers are just numbers though man. It's all relative and I just put the car on the dyno so I'd have something to compare to in the future.

desant78

this might be a dumb question from a newbie...but when you turned up the boost did you have an air/fuel controller? or did you just increase the boost and the ecu based on air flow knew the amount of fuel needed?

thanks for the input in advance

The MAF measures the amount of air coming into the engine and compensates for that...to an extent. So to answer your question, I just picked up a mbc (manual boost controller) and turned it up to about 14ish and let er buck. It's probably not great on the turbo, but as far as running rich/lean the car is just fine.

desant78

cool that's what i thought! thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned