The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 galant 929/2000

vr4demon

Hey everyone, I just bought Galant 929/2000. I have some info on the car but I am looking for more info. Right now I am mainly trying to figure out what the switch in the engine bay does, what the switch in the center console does, and what is done to the transmission. I have seen a few posts about this car on here so I figured someone might be able to help me out. Any info you have is greatly appreciated

vr4demon

Ok, I found out that the switch in the center console does nothing. The other switch is in the back of the engine bay and looks like a kill switch but It doesn’t do anything when switched. It is a normal toggle switch with a red cover. One wire from it runs to a ground and the rest go to a wire harness near the bottom of the intake manifold. Also I went to get a new bov spring and realized I dont know what bov I have. I can’t find any branding or part number on it, does anyone have any ideas?

FF4472EA-2751-40EB-9DC4-649AE656EEB8.png

Vr4Ape35

Aftermarket switch, you'll have to ask the previous owner and or trace the wires. Not related but where has your battery been rerouted?

vr4demon

IMG_1956.jpegSorry it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. A few days after the last message somebody decided to road rage at me and caused a rear end accident. I am still dealing with insurance stuff but I will hopefully be buying the car back, doing a tube front end and turning it in to a street legal drag car or a rally car. I know how rare these cars are so I would like to make sure this one isn’t sent to the crusher, but it depends on what the insurance gives me for it. To answer vr4ape’s question the battery was rerouted to the trunk, I personally liked this more than the stock location because it opens up the engine bay and allows you to run a bigger battery. It’s pretty easy to do you just have to find a way to secure it in the trunk and then run the wires to the back.
I will definitely post a build series on here if I do keep it, so keep an eye out for that.

noglets

View attachment 3657Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. A few days after the last message somebody decided to road rage at me and caused a rear end accident. I am still dealing with insurance stuff but I will hopefully be buying the car back, doing a tube front end and turning it in to a street legal drag car or a rally car. I know how rare these cars are so I would like to make sure this one isn’t sent to the crusher, but it depends on what the insurance gives me for it. To answer vr4ape’s question the battery was rerouted to the trunk, I personally liked this more than the stock location because it opens up the engine bay and allows you to run a bigger battery. It’s pretty easy to do you just have to find a way to secure it in the trunk and then run the wires to the back.
I will definitely post a build series on here if I do keep it, so keep an eye out for that.
Damn man I’m sorry that happened, where are you located if you don’t mind me asking

vr4demon

Damn man I’m sorry that happened, where are you located if you don’t mind me asking
Everything happens for a reason. This just gives me a chance to build the car and make it even better. Im located in Olympia wa.
I have a friend who has a base model front cut if you want, located in north Idaho
I might be interested, but it will be a while before I get done with all the insurance bs and actually get a chance to work on it. I am 17, work 30 hrs a week, in full time college and part time highschool. I also have 3 other cars that need work so it will be a couple months before I get to it. If I do end up wanting it I will dm you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned