The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the forum: 929/2000

Hello from Alabama!

So yesterday I became the proud owner of number 929/2000, a Summit White VR-4. This car is in amazing original condition, with all original paint, no damage and no rust. Interior is pristine except for a split seam in the driver's seat. The car runs ridiculously well and pulls strong for having 131,000 miles. My plans are few for now. I want to lower it a bit and put some nice 17s on it for a more aggressive look, restore the original paint and replace a couple of tired trim pieces, and then drive it for a bit until I get a feel for how much more power I need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have lurked here for a few weeks while I searched for the right car, and have to say that I am really impressed with how well put together this site is, and how genuinely kind and helpful the more tenured and experienced members are. Looking forward to becoming a valuable and contributing member myself.

Only one pic right now, will post more when I get her cleaned up a bit.

Greg

Polish

Welcome, nice VR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lonewolf64

Hello! I can't believe it is another Alabama member...we are few and far between! If you are ever in the Birmingham area, feel free to drop by to for an instant-meet. If your car is all original one thing that you MUST do is crack open the ECU and check to see if the caps were ever replaced. If not, then you will soon have a destroyed ECU. Several forum members offer the recap services for it (look at the sticky thread in the "For Sale" section.

As for mods...a few bolt ons should be considered a must. Personally, I would delete ABS and 4WS, replace the rear with a dsm lsd, add sticky tires/shocks/springs, an evo FMIC, some free mods, and a keydiver chip. You should be sitting pretty by that point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

If you would like, I'll send you a PM with my contact info and vice versa, so that if you are ever in the area we can meet.

steve

LW is quite the eager beaver!

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcomes! LW, I will PM with my contact info and we can hook up. I live in Huntsville, and travel through Bham all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Welcome Greg. We all thank you for your donation to the site!

I don't know where you got 929 from, but if it hasn't been registered, please send a PM to Iceman69510 he is the keeper of the registry.

Good luck!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have no records on 929. Please send VIN to me.

Thanks.

You now have info for the registry. PM sent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned