The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/1000 Hello from MN!

dc_style

finally tracked down a bumper and had it mounted last night. next up is the dyno tune tomorrow and get my car dipped. will update soon with some dyno results.

Last edited:

minneSNOWta

Nice dude. Where are you going to get it tuned?

dc_style

I'll be getting it done by Shane at DB Performance.. probably a conservative tune. I'm only running an evo 16g and supporting mods.

GSX_TC

Much better looking, did you cut out the bumper slats or did it already come that way?

thecman02

You make the switch to corn? When I did that my old 16g setup came alive.

dc_style

never switched to e85 cause it's harder to get around here. made 297.7 awhp at the dyno on some pump gas. pretty happy about it, no problems or leaks. chances are i'll get tired of it and switch to corn a fewer months in now that a few of my cars are able to be daily driven. just some pics, my brother stephen (chim55117) was pretty pumped since this is the first time one out of the three brother's has a vr4 that moves. haha (we each have one) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif now it's time to clean it up cosmetically and make it to some summer meets!

GSX_TC

Loving this car. I wanna be the first In line if you ever decide to sell it David.

dc_style

New wheels for the summer, trying to get the stance just right before I dip it. Still 17x10's all around. Considering a tad lower.

transparentdsm

usually not a fan of those style rims, but your car looks good with them on there. id say bring the rear down a scooch. level it out a little more, or is it level and i can't see it in the pictures.

also how many sets of rims do you have....

so im driving across the country soon and if you were available id like to stop by and check out your vr4.

Last edited:

ade

been following your car on instagram, those wheels look dope.

dc_style

it's pretty level but i will be bringing it down just a tad more. as for the wheels, i'm not a fan of the finish it came in. they'll be dipping it black. i think it sticks out too much with the polished lip but the fitment is pretty good. let me know if you decide to come through the midwest, hopefully i'll have my car all in one color by then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

desant78

Man great job with this car! I can tell aside from me you have inspired a lot guys on here! If you don't mind, what are the specs of yourast wheel including offset?

Keep up the kickass job!

cheekychimp

David I got to say, I don't like those wheels. The black ones looked sick. Those make it look like a pimp mobile.

dc_style

Quoting desant78:
Man great job with this car! I can tell aside from me you have inspired a lot guys on here! If you don't mind, what are the specs of yourast wheel including offset?

Keep up the kickass job!

Thanks man, if you're looking for more updated pics, I started a new thread. Since picking up my new ride I've decided to do what I've always wanted my Galant to look like. Won't be a power monster, 16g powered and tuned to be reliable with some exterior mods. Like I said, hate it or love it.

Paul, you're right.. I'm ditching these wheels, going with the 5zigens and getting some meatier tires for next summer. Have a couple more things planned for it. Stay tuned.

click

1badgvr4

HMMMM. I dont want to bite your flare idea, but it looks SO sexy. That and Id love to be able to put a decent sized wheel under there. Kudos man the car looks proper.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned