The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/1000 Hello from MN!

GSX_TC

Those rims look great on that car.

GVR47111K

I love the look of a GVR4 with a roof rack. It just suits the car so nicely.

fuel

the fitment of those rims is near perfect! it just goes to show you don't have to resort to 7" wide rims and there's nothing wrong with a little tyre stretch.

turbowop

I'll preface my comments with this: I think it looks pretty good. Those wheels look damn good in the profile shot.

That said... [hater] 9" wide wheels for only 205mm width tires? Wow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And I've spent enough time under these cars to know that your CV angles are probably eff'd right now at that ride height. I wonder what the mileage interval will be between replacements at those angles. Those coilovers have got to be maxed out as low as they can possibly go. Does the car actually have any compression travel left?

Please tell me you actually use that rack and it's not just for looks. [/hater]

Last edited:

ApexHunter

I'm not a big flush/stretch guy but dang that looks sweet. Nice pick up on the wheels. I'm a sucker for (most) mesh wheels on these cars.

dc_style

Thanks much guys, I really like how they turned out. Mark, yea.. I know. 205's on a 9 inch rim. But to get them to fit, I had to. My plan is to see how well this setup goes for daily driving and o from there. If it's too crazy down the road I'll probably just raise it a bit and throw some bigger tires on. But for the time being, I'll feel out this setup and see how it goes. For a stretch setup, the tires are actually quite meaty and the lip isn't exposed, just about right.

Haha, and will I use the rack? Yes. I haven't yet because we never had snow and also cause I threw it on there thinking I'd had it running two months ago. I'll be throwing on the bike rack soon.

kartorium

Looks almost like an 8" rim to me. Just by how much stretch there is (seems like all the 205's on 9" I've seen look retardedly stretched) and how little the front pokes.... especially @ +28.

Can you take a pic of the back of the wheel? Pics of clearance on the inside as well?

That setup looks really good. I like those wheels a lot on the car!

Last edited:

dc_style

sure, here's a side by side shot and some different angles. not sure if this is what you meant. i'm positive they're 17x9 +28 ET these rims are used by mustang guys often, i was surprised by the mild stretch as well (i didn't want my lip to poke anyway). the comparison short re both 205/50's one's a snow tire tho on a 17x8 and 17x9.

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

similar wheel looks legit if you look at his picture from the rear of the car you can see how wide the wheel really is looks like a 9" wheel to me...I don't think a 8" wheel would have that much poke but whatever, dude says they are 17x9+28 looks good to me....Btw he's also running a 50 series tire like he said what ever size it is I think it suits the car....
Link to a set that was on sale....
click

Last edited by a moderator:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting ScreaminE:
Sweet! McDonald's has Chicken McBites!

... and for a small fee the hamburglar will come out and shoot some pics of your wheel fitment.

IMG_3573.jpg

... course he's wearing Ronald's shoes, but you get what you pay for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nartanian

I like those man! Looks really good.

GVR47111K

Quoting Nartanian:
I like those man! Looks really good.

Yeah, are those Nikes?

dc_style

the clutch started slipping on the dyno awhile back, finally got around to getting it replaced. just the usual act 2600 and xact flywheel, threw on the hyundai elantra lip for kicks, if only it was little longer at the ends, plan is to shorten the front bumper down the road. not too shabby though.

just my luck, i'm sure everyone can relate. put all the fluids in and got her ready only to find out the master cylinder is out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif hoping to get it ready by the weekend for our local cars and coffee meet. still debating on the gt500 hood vent, and have to swap out my 92 taillights, jdm gas lid, hid conversion on my 93 headlights, and paint my eterna grill. next step performance wise is to bring it back to the dyno, might make the switch to e85, thoguhts?

apologies for the terrible cell pics.

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

Last edited:

xaisomboun

Nice to see a fellow Minnesnowta owner on here.

Love the ride height good lord! Thats the exact look im trying to get with mine

fuel

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

What size tyres? Looks good. Always wondered what flares would look like on a G

GSTwithPSI

+1 for specs on the wheels and tires (offset included). The car looks pretty mean IMO. What fender flares are those, and where did you get them?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned