The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/1000 Hello from MN!

dc_style

255/40 snow tires with plenty of room for more.. Flares are custom done by a buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting dc_style:
Flares are custom done by a buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please do tell...

And what's the offest on the wheels?

Last edited:

dc_style

+25 offset all around, rears could use a 10mm spacer to sit flush with the flares, they were installed by a friend here from mn.

GSTwithPSI

I only ask about the flares because I have a set I'm looking to install as well. Do you have any idea where he got them, what brand/kind they are? The ones I have will definitely have to be modified. From your pics, It looks like yours fit pretty well. I just can't tell to what extent they were modified (if at all) to achieve a good fitment. I know many people don't like the flared looks, but I think your car pulls it off nicely. It looks great man.

Vr4junkie

Those flares look awesome gives the car a meaner look I wonder how they would look like with a jdm front bumper.

GSX_TC

Wow that looks great, looks just like that purple JDM VR4 with those same style fenders. Are those made out of plastic? I would love to do that to my car, what brand are they and where did you buy them? Can you get more?

widebody2.gif

widebody3.gif

Last edited:

dc_style

they're datsun type fiberglass flares that were custom fitted to the galant. I'll get a piece for the door in a couple months but I think the rears look pretty good the way it is. I've been able to fit 255/40/17 snow tires with plenty more room. I'll get more pics when I'm home next. looking for a jdm bumper...

IMG_1583_zpsa05d9111.jpg

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yeah, what brand are they and where did you buy them?

Google "z flares" or "280z flares" etc. and you will probably find your answer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They look surprisingly good on your car man, nice job.

5OF2k

Quoting dc_style:
might make the switch to e85, thoguhts?

DO IT!

It's well worth it simply from a performance standpoint. You'll be burning it WAY faster than gasoline (typically takes between 15-30% more ethanol to get the same affective burn), but the standard E85 found at most pumps has an octane rating of around 104+. You'll have a significantly higher power output(dependant on tuner abilities, of course), much MUCH lower IAT's and you'll even notice the car running a fair amount cooler including EGTs.

The only drawback is the fuel economy. Like I said, it burns way faster than standard pumpgas, but holy balls is it worth it!

-Jake

curtis

Well a little warning on the corn gas....Around here the tankers go from gas to E85 without cleaning out the trucks that plus alot of the in ground tanks aren't getting cleaned either so guys have been getting the blackbeard inside the runners as well as not getting consistent blends. Might be e60 to e100.....I've personally seen 3 engines that melted down because of it. Pistons look like a plasma cutter had been taken to it. Not just the tops either from the top down to the skirt is gone, rings and all. Most of the guys around here have been buying it by the barrel.

5OF2k

That's a good point, but luckily there are TONS of info out there on where the best places to buy E85 locally, at least here anyway. A few of the forums Im on have ongoing e85 threads with up to date testing(the test kits are very cheap, by the way. I want to say under $20)and everything, labelling the station, price, ethanol content/etc....

Maybe it's different here in CO, but I havent seen anyone have any problems on E85 out here, other than fuel economy and so-on. AND, out here 95% of tuners recommend it over even racegas...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Jake

For $430, you can have a complete brand new Zeitronix Ethanol Content Analyzer. Very awesome, and I will be getting one once my build gets to that point!

curtis

Well last week I did a ebay search and found the 280z flares and was about 99% sure what they were. Man these look sweet. You did good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

dc_style

thanks! was really really happy with the results, but now i need you to hook me up with some bumper brackets for a jdm bumper.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Holy sh*t David,

Curtis just linked me to this! Can't believe I missed it. I have been thinking about flares forever but every time the subject comes up it deteriorates into an argument about cars being riced out. All I can say is you proved it can look good. I'm envious. In fact I think I am just going to have to plain copy that for my other car; no two ways about it!! And then I will need wider wheels .... you bastard!

Well done Sir! Well done!

When are you guys heading back to Hong Kong btw? I'll have to show Nathan the pictures tonight. And don't you get any ideas about fitting my EVO seats in that thing despite the fact that it is probably far more deserving ... damn that thing looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Paul.

Edit: What wheels are those as well? I'm really starting to dig that look.

Last edited:

dc_style

Paul

Hey! Haha glad you like 'em, no worries evo seats are still sitting safely at my house. I actually might try to make it to hong kong for new years with the girlfriend so I'm going to see if i can do some kind of discounted freight shipping.. think you can hook find a jdm bumper? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

You need a front or a rear?

I don't think finding a decent bumper at a good price should be an issue at all. The problem has always been shipping. Let me know what you need and I'll start looking.

Paul.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned