The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

801/2k Restomod

My idealized version of a Galant VR4

Drew84

Un-insulated 16-14 gauge butt connector, They can be crimped only or in my case I crimped them and then soldered the ends, I didn't want them ever working loose. I got them from NAPA. I don't have the part # handy.

Drew84

Yeah I've spent about 20 hours simply putting it back to stock and that's on the harness only.

GSX_TC

6322156476_0f37883130_z.jpg

you gotta sexy Tsi in that back there buddy =)

GSX_TC

She's soo beautiful man, Im a sucker for Champagne 1ga's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif your not gonna paint it a different color or anything are you? Im also needing coilovers aswell

GSX_TC13.jpg

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Nice work on the gvr4. That cafe racer honda in your flickr album is awesome.

Leon_R

This is way too clean too be an original New England car, any idea where it came from?

dammitjim

^^ According to carfax mine has been a midwest (WI/MN) car its entire life and looks more or less the same. No serious rust, many bolts/brackets/etc have surface rust.

Drew84

Quoting ApexHunter:
Nice work on the gvr4. That cafe racer honda in your flickr album is awesome.

The Cafe is my best friends, I can't take credit for that, just the photos. Leon which car? The Talon or Galant? The Talon has some minor surface rust and some very small rot near the door switches, but other than that is very clean. I've owned it for 10 years, so since 2004 it has not been driven in winter.

Leon_R

I was referring to the GVR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Drew84

According to the Mitsubishi Super screen The GVR4 was sold in NH, but the customer apparently lived in AZ, till the car moved to Conn where I bought it.

Leon_R

Sweet! My Summit also spent most of its life in AZ!!!

BadVr4

car was in CT for at least the past 12 years as far as i know. It was garaged the entire time and hardly driven. I used it only as a drag/street car and it was never a daily driver. Its probably one of the cleanest ones left in New England. Glad to see someone is taking care of it and bringing it back to being road worthy. I may still have some stock parts kicking around, like a/c stuff if you need it.

Drew84

Installed the Trans last week, and slave cylinder.

IMG_0922 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_0932 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Test fitted the JDM RS intercooler, I had to order some silicone hoses to make it fit, I'll have more on that later.

IMG_0931 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Intermediate shaft installed, starter installed.

IMG_0933 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

While putting the axles in, I noticed the ball joints are junk, I'll have to change the lower control arms over. The tie rods don't look so hot either and the strut bump stop fell out in my hand. The front end will need some work before the car goes out on the road.

IMG_0934 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

I don't have the original air can so I took the one from my parts car and started to modify it to fit.

IMG_0935 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_0936 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Cut the can up, sand blasted it a bit and my Dad fabbed up some brackets. Almost finished with it.

IMG_0941 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

We removed the sending unit because I had a feeling there was no pump in it. The car had an external set up...

IMG_0937 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

This is the cleanest sending unit I've ever seen

IMG_0939 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_0940 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Except the feed line was welded closed

IMG_0938 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

So I have to figure out what to do with that. Some other issues that I ran into is the transfer case out of the parts car; even thought it looked nice. Had two failed bearings. When we went to change the output seal the oil that came out was thick with metal shavings. So I'll rebuild that one, because the t-case that came with the Galant has a bad input shaft bearing, but ok enough to put on the car and move it in the driveway. The car is coming along, I'll have the CM exhaust in this week, hopefully I can get it started soon.

Last edited:

Drew84

I got the exhaust Tuesday from CM Performance. I'm a little bummed that the dual outlet system is a Y pipe not dual tips. But as far as fitment goes its really nice. Since I'm not a fan of polished exhausts I painted with heat paint yesterday in the morning while the turkey was cooking.

IMG_0942 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Not a fan of this either, I will sand and polish this off.

IMG_0943 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_0944 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_0945 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

All painted up

IMG_0946 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Much better looking

IMG_0948 by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IncorpoRatedX

Very nice looking! Lets see some installed pics.

bobdole

Is that the 2.5" system? You have to get the 3" inch system to get the dual tips. Mine is 3". I like how you painted the muffler black. I did the samething. Clean look.

Last edited:

Drew84

Yeah that's the 2.5, I'm not worried, the black paint made it look a lot nicer. I like you car a lot by the way.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned