The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting bobdole:
Brake project got put on hold. As my wheels don't clear the new brake caliper. Looks like I will need to order new wheels.

I feel your pain, Charles. The 3KGT calipers stick out a TON. I went through the same wheel dilemma when I installed mine. Spacers, get new wheels, get a different brake setup...FML.

I'd start tackling the problem by figuring out how far you are off. Would a 5mm or 10mm spacer get you to where you need to be? If you're dead set on getting new wheels, keep in mind, spoke design will play more of a part than offset will. Just to give you an idea; The BBS LMs I had were +39, and the Work wheels I currently have are +30. I needed a 10mm spacer up front in both cases. With the wheels I currently have, the 10mm spacer up front probably only gives me 2-3mm of clearance between the spoke and caliper. The TE37 spoke design looks pretty good form a clearance standpoint. I know the RPF1s provide good clearance, and the Evo 8 Enkeis clear the 3KGT brakes straight up. Hopefully that helps you when shopping.

Before you buy new wheels, I'd just see how far you are off. Take a set of washers, and stack them up on all 4 studs until your wheel clears the caliper. Then, take a mic and measure the washer stack. That's an easy way to see what thickness of spacer you'll need. I found the washers that come off the head bolts work great, but any washer will work. You'll just need a sh*t ton of them. You can even snug up the lugs and set the car on the ground, to give you an idea of what kind of fender poke you'll have. In your case, I think that's going to be the dealbreaker. Judging by how your car currently sits on the TE37s, 10mm will have you poking out too much.

I did check need a 10mm spacer to clear. Can't do that though with the TE37's I have. Sticks out to far. Don't like that look. I have found the wheels I want. Just got to special order them. TE37V will be up for sale soon. Sad because it is my all time favourite wheel, but these new ones are sick too. So over all I will be happy.

bobdole

Bracket back and line fitted.
vrRf95.jpg

And installed the new oil cap.
moeDlM.jpg

Tomorrow I will make the new clutch metal line. Should be cool. Got my own little line bending tool.

bobdole

Didn't get hardware. So used the oem screw.

G

Staff member
Looks great man, you should have just got the one piece ss line from master to slave from jnz. Theirs has a coating on it so it doesn't saw through everything.

bobdole

Quoting jeverts:
Damn I don't know what I was doing when I packaged all this stuff. You want me to send you the hardware?

It's ok. I am happy with it. Picked up a new gasket from Mitsubishi too.

bobdole

Quoting G:
Looks great man, you should have just got the one piece ss line from master to slave from jnz. Theirs has a coating on it so it doesn't saw through everything.

I knew about it. Just didn't want it. I like the factory look.

bobdole

Got the new line made. Turned out great for making my first new line.
D224oT.jpg

1CxUzK.jpg

The bending tool. Great tool to have.
sKsKz7.jpg

bobdole

Got some new pcs in today. She will be going in for a fresh coat of paint next.

New pre-face lift fogs.
O5uXfR.jpg

O86gBF.jpg

Hot the last pcs of front wind shield trim. Have front and rear new now.
s0XfDh.jpg

And got a new grill. Got it for cheap so why not have it.
tCdpCq.jpg

bobdole

These are them. Long wait though.
y0kugg.jpg

bobdole

I would stay on the Rays train if I could. These Work wheels weight 4lbs more per a wheel.

Going with 17ich. No staggered.

bobdole

Local Mitsubishi meet at the shop:
3TCrVS.jpg

xW3wdP.jpg

bobdole

I plan on holding more for sure. Would be nice for more GVR4 to show up.

bobdole

While driving the car Friday night I almost lost the engine. Oil sending unit failed and pissed out almost all the oil. Lucky I was very close to the shop. Oil was boring out of the sensor. There was line of oil down the road.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned