The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4ws light

971of1000

I have been having an electrical problem lately and my 4ws light has been coming off and on. it is now on solid but the 4ws has been out for over a year and has a 4 bolt swapped in. i am wondering why this light would come on and if it the source of my problem. thanks

Muskrat

Did you check your P/S fluid levels? I believe that light is tied to the fluid level. Could be you have a slow leak somewhere, and it was reading on the verge of low for a while, now it's so low it's always on.

atc250r

Staff member
Yes. The light comes on when the fluid is low.

Hertz

Staff member
By the way, the specification for fluid in our power steering is for ATF fluid, not power steering fluid.

Quoting Hertz:
By the way, the specification for fluid in our power steering is for ATF fluid, not power steering fluid.

It should just say 100% atf stop leak.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting Hertz:

Well, I didn't know that. I will have to drain my system or wait for it to all leak out before I add some. Normal power steering fluid won't do damage, it just won't perform as well correct?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned