The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

447/1000 vr4

Hello, Anyone know anything about the history of this car? I'm thinking of buying it- I'll look at it tomorrow. Where sold? Any wrecks? Suppose to have 75k original mi. Small dent in rear 1/4 panel, needs windshield. OEM condition as I was told? OEM rims/w aftermarket set for summer. What's a fair price? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanx!

fivestardsm

Just buy it so you can put up some pictures and get it into the registartion. I dont belive it has ever been on here before, exspecially becasue of the location of it.

G

Staff member

Turns out to be "477/1000"-- rear bumper was smacked and has a vertical split in it,gonna need brakes,body+ interior in reasonable shape,small tear/gouge in dash-ouch! I would assume it's gonna need a timing belt and an ecm cap fix pronto. Has a set of konig wheels w/no tires for summer/fair shape. the guy wants 3500firm. I give it a "Good" condition- Kelly BB says about $2850 pp. for value. At $3500 it seems a bit spendy seeing I would have to put in $1000 in tires,belts,and ecm. Any input is greatly appreciated!!! Good Deal? Bad Deal?
Thanx!

Brunoboy

It's up to you, what is it really worth to you? How amny areeven in Alaska? Ask yourself that.
-Shane

It's definitely a matter of opinion. I think he needs to take into consideration that the cars rears wrecked, the tires are bald like the brakes, and the ECu hasn't been capped. To me, this is all grounds to negotiate that price tag a little. In the end, this is fantastic automobile to add to anyones collection. A blast to drive too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

fivestardsm

As everyone else says, its a matter of oppinion. on the other hand though, you live in a state that has very few of these cars. I have only been informed of I belive 4 of them now, with this one being one of them now.

Yeah, it is probably $1000 more than youd pay for it in the lower 48, but you would have that much if not a bit more to find one south and take back home that would be in the same condition.

Just my oppinion, but i remeber everything up there was always more expensive when I lived there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I believe there are 9 Gvr4s in Alaska with 2 of them being mine...
If you decide to pick it up I have all the parts that seem to be damaged.
Rear bumper
all glass in good condition
brakes
Interior minus the seats

curtis

People that own them always want a big price when selling and buyers always want to steal them.....But thats with any car. There not making anymore and seems like weekly one goes to the crusher, Save the car go over to your new best friends house (VeeAreFour) and get the parts. Sounds like you'll be a good owner and want to fix it. Others may destroy it because they want it for a cheap beater for ice and snow duties so there subaru can stay in the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You want it Go buy it. 3500 is cheap for a low mile one plus just think 10 years from now you'll have 25K in performance parts bolted to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There you have it. Offer him 3grand, cash in hand, and get ahold of Veearefour for your parts. Convieniant, and 3 grand isn't bad for a runnin gvr4. In my opinion. Post pics up when you get it

If you do decide to get the gvr4 i will give you a killer deal for the spare shell I have just pm me if your interested. 3k is a good deal still I paid 1k for my 91 with a bad motor it will pretty much be 3k after tHe rebuild and whatever is needed just for it to be able to get back on to the roads...

I did hint @ 3k but the guy wasn't intrested when I looked at it. said someone was going 3500$ when they could get their loan? I'll drive by again and see if it's still there tomorrow. Hey vr4 guy from anch.- is that grey 1 the '92 that was sold up here "New"? Has a sunroof? There were 2 '92's sold new up here- a grey 1 and a green 1- I am still the original owner of the green 1! Would be cool to see how the grey 1 fared over the years!

I'm not so sure about where it was sold new at. I picked it up from a member from akms which I thought was a steal since all he wanted was $500 since it was a recon title. Let's just say I bit more than I can chew. you can see my thread somewhere here with pics of my gvr4s

Jesh

hey i'm down here in soldotna, is there a white vr4 running around in Anchorage? i remember seeing one at a garage looking pretty beat up, I tried to buy it didn't have the funds at the time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned