The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

350hp galant,1800 Ice racing screws,1 frozen lake

I've seen people that use wood screws and just put RTV on the threads beforehand. Pretty ghetto but it did the trick. I believe the "right" way to do it is to use an inner tube to hold the pressure and support the tire.

Where in colorado do they let you run with studded tires like that? Most clubs dont let you run studs unless you have a roll cage. And where was that, Ive been to a few ice races, but nothing like that!

I used 5/8" Ice racing screws in a slightly worn Falken Rally tire. The tires get hard and have a thick carcus, so the screws did not penatrate.
The race was a local sports car club based in the Springs, I was running exibition class. Check out www.PPSCC.net

Last edited by a moderator:

GHETTOSwing

Quote:
img.php

Ha! That was 439 two owners before I got it, the previous owner before me got the car with the stock wing and holes in the trunk from where the Evo wing was. He filled the holes with silicone, and the HKS badge was stolen. I removed the huge HKS Sticker from the rear window too, there was nothing HKS on the thing besides the SSQV and original HKS aircan? At least as from what I know? That fart can of a muffler went too (loud as hell, I have bored local PD) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EDIT: Sick Vid, I wish we got snow...oh wait... all the idiot's here would crash and die and cause mass pile ups everywhere. It snowed here once, and there was a 32 car pile up on the freeway?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

Larry Parker

In 03' I raced my old talon in MIRA the Michigan Ice race Assoc... It was rad! It was wheel to wheel racing on ice for around 20 bucks!!
Great fun... click

LP

Spott

That wind looks like the one KC used to have on his white VR4 back in college. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned