The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g Strut Tops

DynastyLCD

i heard through the grapevine a few years ago, that you could use 2g rear strut tops to correct the reverse rake with using DSM suspension. since i've been building 881/1000 without putting any money into it, i used all the suspension from my DD 1gb. and i got a set of 2g rear strut tops for absolutely nothing, going along with the theme of a budget budget budget budget build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

so i guess what i'm asking, does anyone on here have any experience using this setup? i'm probably going to try it when i can get my car over to a lift, just wanted to know if i'd be wasting my time or not. thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If you have both the rubber and metal pieces, they will rainse it about an inch. It is all in the relationship of the mounting surface to the center hole where the shock rod comes through. When you take out the old and compare side by side you will see it clearly.

curtis

I think I did pictures of this once on here so do a search with my name.

DynastyLCD

curtis, i tried finding the pictures you speak of, but without much luck.

Quoting iceman69510:
If you have both the rubber and metal pieces, they will rainse it about an inch. It is all in the relationship of the mounting surface to the center hole where the shock rod comes through. When you take out the old and compare side by side you will see it clearly.

iceman, this sounds exactly like what i need! thank you for the feedback. i will be trying this soon, and also taking before and after pictures as well.

DynastyLCD

update, installed these today. as listed, they added about an inch to rear ride height. fixed my reverse rake a little bit. will take some pictures later today

Chi271

Interested in pics as well. I'll be installing 1g awd agx shocks on my galant. I have tein springs for them but I'm undecided whether to use stock springs in the back or the teins(afraid these might dump it). I also have evo oem rear springs... So I guess I'll have to do my own experimenting lol. In for any advise and your pics buddy.

(Not thread jacking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

DynastyLCD

i will have pics soon... she's JSB right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned