The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Strut/Spring decisions

VR4Scott

I'm looking for something to lower the car while keeping it semi-comfortable. What options do I have? What is best?

I figured the Koni yellows with Ground Controls were a good choice. I have a separate question on those.

If using the 2g rear strut on the Galant, it is 1" shorter. The rear Ground Control spring for a GVR4 is 9". Does that mean I need to use a 8" spring if using the 2g Koni yellow strut?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That depends on where the spring mounts are on the respective parts. You should determine that first.

KiNgMaRtY

I agree with the Koni's. I had them on my G-VR4 before and are by far the most comfortable aftermarket performance shock I have ridden on.
Night and day compared to the crappy AGX's and more comfortable than the Bilstein's on my Evo.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts