The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

Chi271

I'll go ahead and add myself and my bro to the list. It'll be our first time there, sad I know haha. But were hoping for a kickass experience and a good time. Also hoping to camp out with fellow vr4 members to save on spending money on rooms

1. GSX_TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
6. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
7. FiascoXL (Joey)
8. Redwood (Nick)
9. Transparentdsm (Shane)
10. Chi271 (Manny)
11. MrmetooxD (Justin)

GSX_TC

Sweet that's 11 so far! 9 more to go.

LIV4PSI

^^^Hage you ever been to a Shootout before?

transparentdsm

i haven't, i was on my way to one a bunch of years ago, i was 19 or 20 and my DSM broke down because i was stupid and did go fast sh*t instead of maintenance. thankfully i wasnt to far from my father shop. i was about 2ish hours from home, but only 35 minutes from my dads shop. it would be so easy to go if i was on the east coast still, like 5 hour drive tops...

LIV4PSI

My first year was rained out and we about had to beat up a group of French Canadians. I almost never went back

LIV4PSI

It's not that exciting, and there was no real fighting. We were staying at the Best Western, and our room was by the parking lot. Instead of walking out drunk asses through the lobby, we were using a window to get to our bathroom. Some kid from Quebec who couldn't hold his liquor, flipped through the window and broke a bunch of stuff in our room.

We told him to go to the front desk and let them know what happened, since my credit card was used as a security deposit. When he refused (mind you I'm not sure he spoke English), we offered to help him take the broken items from his room to replace ours. Yelling and shoving ensued, the police showed up, and that poor kid got arrested.

GSX_TC

I hate it when people can't hold their liquor..

92_talon_awd

I'm adding myself to the list, hopefully it goes better then my first shootout. My first shootout me and my buddy drove his Galant GSX and no sh*t made it 5 miles away from the hotel and the car just stopped. Had it towed the rest of the way and pulled the trans out in the parking lot with 2 scissor jacks and a few hand tools. The clutch disc had zero friction material left on it. We sourced a kit locally and made it to the festivities the next tday but it sucked for sure.

1. GSX_TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
6. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
7. FiascoXL (Joey)
8. Redwood (Nick)
9. Transparentdsm (Shane)
10. Chi271 (Manny)
11. MrmetooxD (Justin)
12. 92_talon_awd (Dan)

GSX_TC

162 more days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

transparentdsm

booking my hotel in the next 2 weeks. pretty excited about this, also when we get back from the shoot out im getting another dog!!

transparentdsm

Quoting GSX_TC:
yeah i couldnt convince her to sleep outside in sleeping bags especially since its our time to get away and be free, so yeah we'll just do the hotel like i always do, but this time i wanna come and hang out with you guys there at the track.

Shane,
last year the route i took was going through LA, then Mississippi, and through kentucky and Tenn. i see another route thats a completely different direction though, what did you have in mind exactly and where will you be going through? im always open to take another route if it means being able to drive to the shootout with other Galant VR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

not sure who is going with me, but i know a few reno guys will be convoying it out there and were just gonna cruise rt 80. let me know if you want to head a little further north for your drive. once the time gets closer, like 70 days left well actually plan things out if you want.

GSX_TC

Yeah sure we could do that, maybe we could meet somewhere north of Oklahoma like Kansas or something. Someone said they wanted to meet up in Oklahoma so we might take that route.

GSX_TC

You bringing 1078 too?

transparentdsm

no, the car actually sold. there was a nice guy from reno who bought it for his wife. i keep in touch with him and he said soon he will be posting up. i took the ad down and he already had my number and said he would give me my asking price, so we sold it.

LIV4PSI

I would camp at the race track. But I think he hotels should be listed in the first post

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned