The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

89Patches

I hopefully can finish the build on my VR4 before August, Lol and I haven't even started yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GSX_TC

hurry and get started then 89patches haha you got 217 days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onesickcrx

Kinda sucks but I won't be going this year, would have been 8 years in a row for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GSX_TC

Why, what happened man?

Paddy1337

I'll be sure to stop by your group and say hi this year. I'll be in my Evo, but saw the VR4s last year and thought it was awesome seeing them there.

89Patches

Quoting onesickcrx:
Kinda sucks but I won't be going this year, would have been 8 years in a row for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You were there last year? I guess you didn't see your old setup from 449 then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Works great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting Paddy1337:
I'll be sure to stop by your group and say hi this year. I'll be in my Evo, but saw the VR4s last year and thought it was awesome seeing them there.

Cool, I'm sure you'll see my either cleaning my car or gawking over all the others parked with us.

onesickcrx

Quoting GSX_TC:
Why, what happened man?

Just don't have the time to be able to go out there for few days thats my busy season.

Quoting 89Patches:
Quoting onesickcrx:

You were there last year? I guess you didn't see your old setup from 449 then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Works great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yep I was there maybe I did see it? Post up some pics of you car man! Glad to hear she's still around and kicking hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GSX_TC

Got our Hotel booked for the shootout! We'll be at the All American Inn ahain this year! woot!!

LIV4PSI

Mike, I can't believe you are wasting money on a hotel room again this year.

Redwood, GSTwithPSI and TransparentDSM, glad to hear all of you guys plan on coming this year. I only live a couple hours from the track, so let me know if anyone needs help with anything

vr4play

Hell, I think I might get a hotel room this year. I camped last year and froze my ass off. I forget my blanket and sleeping bag. I only got a couple hours sleep after finally getting up and and getting in the truck.

LIV4PSI

I guess I don't race, which allows for gratuitous drinking. It helps with the cold

MellowVR4

If I go this year I will most defently camp, dont have the extra money to be in a room. Plus id rather spend the money that would be spent on a room on something else while im their.

transparentdsm

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Mike, I can't believe you are wasting money on a hotel room again this year.

Redwood, GSTwithPSI and TransparentDSM, glad to hear all of you guys plan on coming this year. I only live a couple hours from the track, so let me know if anyone needs help with anything

i really hope to meet up with redwood and mike, unless he stays south the whole trip, on the drive out there. ill be taking 80 from reno basically. the lady and i are getting a hotel, but we want to stay at the waterpark 15 miles away, plus she really wont want to spend 3 days at car shows.

Craig i might take you up on the help, that is if i do decide to run max effort.

LIV4PSI

I could try to bring some extra tools at least, that way you don't have to bring as much stuff halfway across the country. I could maybe even bring a couple t-cases and rear axles

GSX_TC

yeah i couldnt convince her to sleep outside in sleeping bags especially since its our time to get away and be free, so yeah we'll just do the hotel like i always do, but this time i wanna come and hang out with you guys there at the track.

Shane,
last year the route i took was going through LA, then Mississippi, and through kentucky and Tenn. i see another route thats a completely different direction though, what did you have in mind exactly and where will you be going through? im always open to take another route if it means being able to drive to the shootout with other Galant VR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

coyotes

Quoting vr4play:
I just found out that there will be no race tire class for the auto-x this year. Apparently they didn't like me kicking there ass with fastest time of the day. I need to find the rules for max effort cause I think that's where I'll be. I don't think I'll be that much slower on street tires as the course was too slow to take advantage of them so hopefully I can do well this year.

what is your tire/wheel setup?

Leon_R

Quoting thecman02:
I know I can knock off at least a half second on the quarter mile. Autocross I was cutting .5 .25s off each pass. I just need to start off faster and figure out the course. I'm not sure if I'll be at this shootout, but it should be exciting because I'm sure Leon will make a push to get back on the podium. Tim should cut significant time off his quarter, and if you don't lose much in the autocross with street tires you'd have won this years event. I just hope that guy with the cut up 1g doesn't get any more power or he'll wipe the floor with all of us. I'm hoping that maybe I can get a new wheel setup and tuck a little more tire under my car, 255>245. It would be nice to take those damn max effort evos down a notch.

I have a LOT of room for improvement over last year!

As for cut-up DSM, I find it strange the we have to use street DOT tires, but... cars can be cut-up as much as you want... But it sounds like Dave doesn't want to change that aspect of the rule.

GSX_TC

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned