The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

GSX_TC

Just having one other GVR4 driving with you on a road would be amazing, but having more then one on a road trip would not only be a sight to see but a dream come true. You don't know how bad I wanna be involved with something like that. Like that day at the shootout, when all of us were following each other, man that felt good, and i didn't want it to be over. I really hope more people come out from their caves next year.

Redwood

Well mike depending on when and where we come though you could posible meet up with us along the way. even if its just for a half of a day trip for the final leg of the convoy. that is if are paths cross on the way.

that was really fun driving around with all of the VR4s that day even if i was only for a down the road and back.

on a side note has the dvd came out yet??

GSX_TC

Coming along, should be ready in time for Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fiascoxl

You guys can count me in again for the 22'nd annual, I had a blast this year and cannot wait for the next years already! Oh and I am also itching to see the new shootout video also, other than the massive amont of exposure of our platform I can't wait to see the after hours footage... some of us may or may not have acted like complete fools. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
Coming along, should be ready in time for Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let me know as soon as it's released. Not only do I want to buy one, I would like to help spread the word for /J. He is an asset to the community

GSX_TC

I know right, that guy is a blessing to all of us. I'll make a thread everywhere and then come back here with a link to it just in case anyone doesn't see the thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Just thought of a good idea for that Friday at Buschur racing, I noticed when I attempted to have us all park in buschur's parking lot, he told me that wasn't cool and I got shut down, and that day I saw there was about 6 or 7 VR4's all spread out there, some parked in the grass, some parked along the street, and some near me in front of the shop in the parking lot. So what I'm planning to do next year is block off a line with my cones and signs along the street right in front of the shop. And as others show up, I'll let them park with us, should look very nice too having all them lined up along the street. So just giving y'all a heads up for that Friday morning at buschur's shop, thats what ill be doing for us.

I'll be doing this same concept on both Saturday and Sunday at the track as well, so be sure to come park with us whoever is bringing your VR4.

LIV4PSI

I don't think we should try and do a lineup at Buschur's. Many people don't even come until Friday night or Saturday. Everyone is coming and going on Friday as well. I think we would be lucky to get 5 VR4s together for an hour.

The goal is to get the biggest lineup possible, right? It would be much easier to pick one time, opposed to trying to keep us all together all weekend.

Redwood

that is a very good point Craig, you should try and set up a time that is everyone friendly. for the guys that race and not race. it would be a lot easier to get a picture of the 20 or how ever many we get next year to have a time for everyone to join up and park in a line and take pictures. you have a better chance if you get some kind of plan going. i would think that Friday night would be a good time or Saturday after most of the races are over, so there is not a lot of the ones that will race they'res running around.

LIV4PSI

Early Saturday evening was when we had our best showing last year

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I don't think we should try and do a lineup at Buschur's. Many people don't even come until Friday night or Saturday. Everyone is coming and going on Friday as well. I think we would be lucky to get 5 VR4s together for an hour.

The goal is to get the biggest lineup possible, right? It would be much easier to pick one time, opposed to trying to keep us all together all weekend.

Craig, there were hundreds of people and hundreds of cars there that friday and as the day gradually passed it kept growing and growing. and if i remember correctly the 6 or 7 VR4's that i counted there that friday were all there till the very end, one or two left a bit early though but the majority of them stayed parked the entire time. and the whole time they were all being loaners and spread out in different places, and all im sayin is they could of been all parked together that whole time.

Guys im open to suggestions here and your welcome to help me obtain this 20 Galant VR4 attendance goal for next year but all im saying is that im gonna have us all park together for all 3 days, just because im gonna have us park together that friday doesnt mean thats the time i'll be shooting for a 20 VR4 line up. I'll be doing it all 3 days. Like i said, i saw LOTS of VR4's there that friday and were gradually showing up as the day went by, and it would of been nice to have us all lined up on the side of the road like most of the car there were already doing instead of being all spread out.

Having a set time would be a good idea, and Saturday would def be the day to do it because not everyone is running off to go see the drag racing that day. what i tried to do was coordinate with you guys by either FB messages or text and most of the time my dumb ass phone had no signal so it was VERY hard to get us all rounded up for stuff. but this year now that we all kinda know how it will go, it will go a bit smoother.

So with that being said, whoever is planning on bringing their GVR4 to the shootout next year, keep your eyes peeled for my cones and signs saying "Reserved Parking for Galant VR4's" and come and join us. I'll have them all set out all 3 days of that weekend.

LIV4PSI

Yeah, my phone died Friday and I never even tried to charge it. I don't plan on being at Buschur's for long, or possible at all for that matter. I will definitely join the line-up Saturday though

Last edited:

vr4play

I am trying to get there earlier on Friday. I would like to have time to walk around and talk to more people. This year we were supposed to be there by like 3 and didn't get there till about 6:30. I didn't get my car running decent until Friday night at the track. I don't plan on having to do a last minute engine rebuild next year. I don't think I'm going to do much racing next year. I stressed the wallet last year. Daughter had surgery and broke the engine all in a few months hurts. I am going to go for max effort next year so I only have to get a set of street tires so then I can do more driving around on the street. If all works out I well I will bring both of my VR4's. They are both running at the moment but I plan to drive 806 all winter this year. I really missed my all wheel drive last year. We'll see if I can get the wife to drive it up next year. Just have to get the A/C working again. This year was the first I had been in many years. I had fun although it was busy. I had to drive 3 hours to a bachelor party and back Saturday night and Sunday morning. I never even took the car back off the trailer when I got there on Sunday. I really wanted to make a few passed on Sunday and see what I could do but I my buddy broke his 2g Saturday in Max effort and we busted our ass to get it all fixed up for Sunday then the fuel pump or regulator took a dump. Life of a DSM owner.

Alainb7

I didn't see that tread!

1. GSX-TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)

Come-on, we're not gonna be only 3 this year?

I might try this year to participate on the Max effort if I can have install an MR suspension. I just get some Dunlop Z1 Star spec and 17" Evoke wheel to fit them on the car to have a better traction than my 720 tread wear tire.

SteveDSM

I am going to try to make it this year!

GSX_TC

Feel free to add yourself to the list then Steve.

SteveDSM

I want to but still am not 100% sure if I will be able to go yet... between taking leave and having enough $ to make the trip, just can't be for sure yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Imjordan

1. GSX-TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)

Along with the rest of Yucki racing which includes Oobie's gvr4

GSX_TC

Well that 4 so far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just 16 more to go lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned