The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

21st Annual DSM/EVO Shootout 2013 Aug 16-18 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

Good News!!

Just got word from /J that he will be making a DVD out of this years event again! Said he was gonna try to make this one even better!

LIV4PSI

Quoting vr4play:
Do you need to call and reserve a spot at the camp site or are they first come first serve? How about the cabin rentals?

You can call and reserve them, but they don't usually sell out. Same goes for the cabins.

Make sure to come bullshit with me at Milan, we 're taking my white VR4, friends 88 Supra, and prob a silver WRX. Our group should be easy to spot

Scase90

I will be bringing my 327/2000 and my buddys 91 eagle talon from Ft. Wood, Missouri. So that will be another galant that will be attending. Cant wait to see everyone up there.

GSX_TC

We're gonna have one hell of a VR4 line up this year guys! Can't wait to see that. 14 more days till my 22+ hour drive there!! So excited!!

LIV4PSI

We should plan out some details for this group cruise out to grab some food we've been talking about.

There is a small dive restaurant/bar close to the track that I like. Good food, pool tables, and locals day drinking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Well all of the events kinda die down around 5-7pm so maybe we can shoot for that time frame to go? And do y'all wanna do this Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

Also, the guy that made the last DVD for the shootout will be getting footage of our cars and even interviews, and I just spoke to him about getting footage of all of us driving around too. I think that would be amazing to have on the next DVD guys, so let's make this happen.

On a side note, he'll also be making me a promo video of my car while I'm up there, so any of y'all are welcome to be in it. Not sure what he has in mind, but I'm sure itll be stills and motion stuff. I can't wait to see what he comes up with! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I think Fri night after Buschurs would be best. If not, then on Saturday. A lot of people start heading home Sunday night

89Patches

Well I think I am going... Hopefully my brother gets his evo done, So we can celebrate my birthday on sunday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Turning the big one eight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Be sure to cone join our our lineup of VR4's 89Patches.

GSX_TC

10 more days gents!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vr4play

Not looking good for bringing the race car. Manley called me today and said they should be able to fix my rods but don't think they can ship them till Monday or Tuesday which means I would get them back Wednesday or Thursday which means I would have to work all night to put it back together and I believe I'm getting to old for doing that. Time to see if I can get 816 reliable enough to make the trip. It only needs a battery, oil change, fix the tune and a good bath. It's missing some interior pieces and some exterior trim and has over 265k miles on it but it does run.

GSX_TC

816 it is then. Better to have any VR4 there then none at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be sure to bring 816 and join our line up of other VR4's we'll have going on there.

vr4play

Just got off the phone with Manley and they offered me a nice discount on some new turbo tuff rods so I bit the bullet and ordered them up. They should be here Friday which means I can put them together this weekend and possibly still bring the race car to Auto-x Saturday.

GSX_TC

Awesome! Can you post a pic of the race car, that way I'll know which one is yours.

LIV4PSI

Refresh the landing page a view times. VR4plays car is the one doing auto-x without a passenger headlight. It's Belize green

PolskiVR4

I'm staying at the super 8 in Milan. Anyone else there?

4thStroke

Flight, motel, and rental car are booked. Flying in Friday and heading home Monday. I'll be around te English trailer a lot of the time since Lucas will have a couple of our cars and know them pretty well. Don't be afraid to drop by and ask for me, Spencer. This will be my first time to the Shootout, I'm looking forward to it.

PolskiVR4

Be prepared to go every year after your rookie year. It's that much fun.

GSX_TC

8 More days!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned