The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g brake calipers

Whats up guys. I have a NOOB question here and i tried to search it. I know the brake line hookup in a different location but will it still work on a GVR4?

Dan D

I had to replace one of my rears with an eclipse caliper. It functioned fine, but the e-brake attach was different. I think it was from a FWD.

Thanks, my bleeder valves have environmentally welded to the caliper and no buddy carries the gvr4 calipers. There is a good set of 1g calipers in the J-yard.

broxma

The position of the bracket which holds the E-brake to the caliper is different and interferes. If you are crafty, you can modify this bracket and make it work. It is a bit of a Pain and took me a while to figure it out but that's what I did. I did however only do it to one side and then shortened the cable under the center console to make up for it. My E-brake is totally fine with only one working and passes the brake inspection.

/brox

If the calipers come from an AWD they should be identical. When I did my 4-bolt conversion I dropped an entire subframe (hub to hub, brakes included) out of a 1993 eclipse an the E-brake cables hooked to those calipers with zero modifications, look and function the same as stock.

broxma

There may be truth to that. Mine were off a FWD 90 Eclipse.

/brox

I didnt get to it today. Ill go pick them up after work and install them. Ill post a tech article if all goes well. They are fwd ones too.

Wizardawd

Correct, 1g AWD calipers are the same. 1g FWD (Turbo or NT) have different mounting for the e-brake.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned