The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1948 a.k.a Stitch Progress thread

GSX_TC

Brembos are sexy

4Grim

Yes they are..but more importantly, they provide ample stopping power for my 7th gen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

IncorpoRatedX

oh f***, that's niiiiiiiice.

citymunky

Quoting citymunky:
What strut bar is that? It looks like a Megan.

?

4Grim

Yes..its Megan. I am looking to get rid of them as soon as i find a set of cusco front and rear bars.

cheekychimp

Kevin,

The VR4 looks sick as always. Yours has always been one of my favourite cars on the board. It was my inspiration for picking up quite a few parts over the years and I hope you will take it as somewhat of a compliment if my other car eventually ends up looking not too dissimilar to yours.

Paul.

4Grim

Dang Paul...thanks man for the compliment, even though I still think we got some better GVR4's on this board.

Though its cool to have your work appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Though I got a few more things I want to do exterior wise then I am done..which is a RS vented hood, Eterna grille, new wheels, and new paint then I think I am done with the exterior mods. After that..I can concentrate on rebuilding a new motor. The GVR4 is just going to be a weekend car.

4Grim

Well decided to wash the car ...so decided to have my son wash the car with me as it was his first time. He really loved it.
tumblr_lyiks7oL3i1qlj51do1_500.jpg

4Grim

Haven't updated the progress made so here is some

No longer running a Evo 3 b16g and upgraded to a FP Red. Required me to upgrade a few things and redo my intercooler piping. Here I did the final mock up of the new i\c setup.

IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

February was my bday and my best friend got me 3kgt vr4 calipers
IMAG0603.jpg

And my bday gift from the wifey
IMAG0636.jpg

Finally mounted my battery box.
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

New DP to go with my victory performance O2 housing.
IMG_1515.jpg

Last edited:

4Grim

IMG_20120419_101759.jpg

Intercooler piping finally modfied for the new setup...now cleaning up things and installing.

IMG_20120419_101719.jpg

IMG_20120419_101735.jpg

Ran the new vac lines and mounted MAFt secured the piping.
IMAG0883.jpg

GVR47111K

Quoting 4Grim:
IMG_20120419_101759.jpg

What happened to the AMG wing? Anyways, the car looks great and it's one of my favorite NB on the board.
Keep up the great work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4Grim

My best friend is repainting it for me and doing it the right way.

When I got it painted years ago...i had a shop that bought parts from the Toyota dealer i used to work for. He offered to paint it free for helping them get their parts., but realized they did a shitty job.

4Grim

Changed up the fuel system a lil bit and mounted and installed a triple core civic radiator which came out pretty clean imo. Waiting for a few more pieces and should be ready.

IMAG0959.jpg

IMAG0958.jpg

5OF2k

nice! I have a triple core 1/2 radiator in mine too, car runs a lot cooler than it did with the full sized dual core it had on it when I got it, you'll like it, Im sure. I have mine mounted a little different than yours, but it works well all the same. Cant wait to see it finished! Keep up the good work!

-Jake

4Grim

Attemped to start the car a couple weeks ago to find out I had a dead Walbro and MPI relay. Replaced both pieces and tried again today.

After 6 years...#1948 has finally started. Video soon.

LIV4PSI

6 years huh? I can't imagine how excited you are to hear it run!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned