The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

18x18.5 +40 or 18x10 + 25 Will either of these fit?

Hey guys im new to the GVR4 scene. I used to drive a 500 awhp evo, which i sold and replaced with a gvr4. I understand that both of these wheel sizes are wider/bigger than what people like to run on their cars, but i am trying to fit the widest i can possibly run. I have been searching through the site for the past couple of weeks to see what other people are running, but i would just like some clarification on this setup.
- My question is- Will i be able to get away with an 18x8.5 +40 wheel? and my other option is a 18x10 +25, which i highly doubt will fit. I understand i will need to run some negative camber and do some fender work to get the 8.5's to fit, but i wanted to make sure there were no other clearance issues.
-The car will make north of 650awhp, and i am not just trying to make a hellaflush vr4. I appreciate any input, and im sure there will be some hate. Thanks, Daryl.

KiNgMaRtY

The 18x10's will not fit. People have a hard time fitting 17and18x9's. You may be able to get away with 18x8.5 with some work. I had 18x7.5 with 225/40 tires. Had no issues but I did not go with a 235 as I was already cutting it super close

Awesome, yea i figured the 10s would be way to wide. I will probably be going with the 8.5's unless someone strongly disagrees. Thanks for the input, Daryl.

vr4play

I plan on running 18x9.5 with +15 with 285-30-18 tires. With all of the calculations I have done it should fit but its going to stick out of the fenders about 1.5" or so. My car is mostly for auto -x and track days though. I was running 16x10 but tire selection sucks and my new Brakes wouldn't fit.

I haven't decided on a tire size yet. I originally wanted to run 17x9s, but the only reasonable size for the rim i plan on running is 18x8.5. I just wanted to double check to make sure the +40 offset was alright and that the fender was the only thing i need to address for fitment issues. 18x9.5 should look fierce, good luck!

FCR

click,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Main=555751&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8346&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post779382

Last edited:

Thanks, yea i went through that before i posted this thread, but couldn't find a similar setup to what i am asking about.

Scientist

H05TYL on here running 18x9s +30s on 235/40s

He required a bit of pulling and trimming but they fit and look really good on his car

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned