The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g's becoming to expensive

Boos929

Can get 4 knockoffs for the price of 1 16g haha think I'm gonna go the 20g route but not
Positive yet

James

I'm hoping this will spark some creativity for people. I'm tired of see the same setup under every hood.

alansupra94

I would recommend going onto craigslist, the prices there aren't really that bad yet.

raptorWagon

Quoting RedTwo:
So everyone is going to be running 20gs or knock off 16G6's now?

The trend these days are using twin scroll holsets as single scroll turbos lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

Good news. If you still have an existing 16G you can still send it to FP to have it converted to an HTA68. You just can't buy them new anymore is all.

Im a 3s guy and the kit that are made for the 3s mostly use ebay 16gs. A few kits use brand new mhi turbos but that raises the price a lot.

Are the godspeed evo 3 ebay turbos really that bad?

So upgrading a 14b to a 16g is a great option?

Jason G.

Quote:
So upgrading a 14b to a 16g is a great option?

It's a pretty good option considering the market. I'd find a 7cm turbine housing to go along with it though.

GSX_TC

Upgrading a 14b to a 16g is something that people have been doing for years, it would be the number one upgrade as far as bang for the buck and COMPLETE bolt on capability.

And yes Godspeed turbo's are really that bad. Don't do it.

donkeylips

From the factory yes. But most have not made it this long without servicing or replacement. You will want to check to see what you've actually got.

Boos929

Any easy ways to see if I have a EPROM ecu or not ?

Jesus_Negros

Post a pic homie

JNR

If these little guys are getting so $$$, sounds like a good time to upgrade to something else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boos929

This may be a really dumb question but where is my ecu located ?

James

Passenger side footwell, right side.

DR1665

This is good to know. I've got a 14b needing rebuilt and want to go 16g down the road. Maybe two birds with one stone.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned