The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Weird drive condition today

IncorpoRatedX

lol at hand drill...

if the pump you took out did not have a sock... change your under hood fuel filter ASAP

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Thanks Richard. About how I pictured it. I will probably get to this later this week. Drove it the the last few days to use up the gas for the most part.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
OK, I repaired the two broken studs, put on a new gasket and cannot get this thing to stop leaking. I am about to pull out my remaining hairs. It even leaks vapor now when the car is standing still.

I thought I might have a height issue, since the replacement Walbro pump is longer than the original, so I made some adjustments to make sure it fit all the way down properly. I am down to suspecting that the tank has corrosion on the actual tank flange that is underneath the welded-on collar piece that contains the studs, and gas is leaking out the seam there. That is the only thing I can figure out at this point. I may have to remove the stud collar if I cannot figure out how to seal it without doing that.

Anyone else experienced this?

And to top it off, on the last part of my drive home today, the car decided to stall at every stop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned