The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Code 44

The intermittent nature of your problem still points to either a bad connection or possible ECU damage. Usually if a transistor or coilpack go bad, they go bad. Look for any signs of oxidation on the plugs and connectors where the transistor and coilpack plug in.

Brunoboy

whats weird is that if it happens, I can shut off the car, wait for the ecu to shut off and start it right back up with no problem........

Tre3zy

damn shane i keep telling you just to use that eprom i gave you.... and see wat happens

I had the same issue with my 90. The plug for the transistor pack was bad. corroded like crazy. One of the wires was broken off and made a very faint connection. I soldered in a new plug.

Pull back the boot and check for split wires and corrosion.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned