The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Waterpump going?

presterone

So while highway cruising my coolant gauge will start to rise the last notch before the ''danger zone'' and then drop rapidly back to the middle. This condition occurs almost constantly on the highway and seems to do it less when I am not accelerating. I have a brand new OEM thermostat, but I suppose it still could be sticking just because it is new doesn't mean it won't fail. Could air in the system cause this? I have a slight leak at one of the heater core hoses and the thermostat housing gasket is seeping a tad. I originally made a gasket for the thermostat housing, it seeped a bit, siliconed the gasket.... still seeped. Bought a brand new OEM thermostat gasket and cleaned the threads and torqued the two bolts to spec. Still seeped a bit. Used silicone on the OEM gasket, re-torqued to spec and it still seeps. At this point I am thinking it is warped from over heating or something. I am scared I have a cracked head or something weird

James

I had this exact same problem. All I did was change out my fluids and it went away.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned