The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A.C.T. or Centerforce clutch disc usable with SPEC pressure plate

LIV4PSI

So when my buddy owned my GVR4, he bought a stage2 SPEC clutch kit from Buschur when we were at the shootout. When he installed the clutched, he went around fixing oil leaks, and used an oil pan gasket. Long story short, oil got on the disc from a continued leak, and it slips.

I don't want to buy a new kit, because I have a new SPEC pp and a new OEM throw out bearing, so I just need a disc. I can't find a SPEC disc by itself. I prefer to use A.C.T because that is what I have experience with.

Anyone know for sure it I can mix an A.C.T. or Centerforce disc with a SPEC pressure plate? I email MAP, but I am still waiting to hear back. I need to get to work on my GVR4, I feel letting it sit too long is tempting the JSB gods.

TomN

You can use either clutch disk. Are you using a factory flywheel stepped to spec?
The 2d AWD disk works well with the factory flywheel and pretty much any PP.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I actually have a used A.C.T. flywheel I acquired trading for some pedals, was planning on using it after I get it resurfaced. What are you referring to by "2d clutch disc?"

belize1334

ACT uses really big springs on their disks and had to revise their pressure plate diaphragms accordingly. I suspect that they're not compatible with other plates.

LIV4PSI

I remembered reading something about the A.C.T. springs before, that was part of the reason I asked. After recently reading all the horror stories about springs popping out, I might rule it out anyways. I might just wait for MAP to respond to my email so I can be sure.

LIV4PSI

Any other opinions on using the Centerforce disc with a SPEC pressure plate? I still haven't heard back from MAP, which I guess isn't surprising.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned