The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 Specific Master Cylinder Brace/Stopper??

prove_it

I could use 1284 since it's stock but with no engine so I could make up a design and send it to you curtis to fab up. I just don't want to do it if only two people want one. i know I'll make myself one cuase why not.

dustyduff

I'm going to try and get with throughfaith323 sometime this weekend to get a better look at the one he has. I believe his attaches to the motor mount in some way. It's not complex at all, however it is pretty beefy and heavy. I'll try to get something before Sunday if possible.

Thanks again for all the replies guys. I'm sure a picture of the actual brace in question would probably go a long way.

prove_it

Indeed good friend, indeed

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting dustyduff:
I believe his attaches to the motor mount in some way.

Yes, it attaches to the motor mount bolt so no need to drill/tap/weld anything.

I think we are all referring to the same brace. Here are pics I took of the one on my car. Sorry about the quality, there were taken with my phone.

Brace at the engine mount.

Brace2.jpg

Brace at the master cylinder.

Brace3.jpg

Overall picture of what it looks like from the top.

photo.jpg

Daryl

prove_it

Hard to tell what it looks like. Looks simple though.

grocery_getter

I have the same MC brace that Daryl has. Here's a picture of it. I think I got from a group buy long time ago on this board. I think Ray did this one.

CP

User "ron" had a machinist friend make those braces for him about 3 years ago. I was lucky enough to reserve one and it made a difference during threshold braking at the track.

dustyduff

Thanks for chiming in on this too CP, since I you sent me your PM. I tried to send "ron" a pm, but have yet to receive a response. Any idea of how much he was selling them for after his machinist made them? Just trying to get an idea if I reverse engineer it to come up with a design, I'm curious how much machining would cost.

I really just want to get one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JNR

fwiw, Ron doesn't come on the boards much anymore, so be patient and he should eventually get back to you. I haven't talked to him in awhile, but last I heard he was tackling some more ventures and was quite busy...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned