The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Those of you running an SMIM...

transparentdsm

because when i had a SMIM i had to do this and thats the same coil pack and bracket that i used when i built my car. so its what i had. also its not like that any more i have a COP set-up.

Tre3zy

heres how i mounted mines... pretty sure it will clear my jmf once its installed

slugsgomoo

ignore the fact that it's the wrong ignitor on the bracket (grabbed one from my parts bin, didn't realize until after I took the picture), but the JMF bracket fits well. If you have the alt relocation from jay racing it needs some massaging, but it's not too bad.

UNVr2Ow.jpg

mitsuturbo

The jayracing relo kit must have been redesigned. Mine only has one bolt hole in that piece pictured. Or did you modify it?

166127_114455151959154_4633397_n.jpg

Last edited:

Brianawd

coil on plug

Fiascoxl

I'm pretty sure he drilled that hole and rotated the top alt relocation bracket because they only come with the bottom hole. Also the JMF bracket works perfectly in conjunction with the jays alt relocation kit with no trimming necessary when put on right. I am using the standard mitsu alt maybe the saturn alt top bracket is different?

edit: Now that I have had a better look, it looks like it maybe a older style because the logo is definitely different.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

mine is probably much older than yours, I forget what year I got it, but it had to be at least 4+ at this point, I can't even remember anymore.

They may have been redesigned since. I didn't modify the alt kit at all, just the coil bracket.

mitsuturbo

Just got my coil bracket put in. I was a little disappointed it came with absolutely no fasteners and had sharp edges. Kind of shoddy work tbh. I expected better from jmf.

JamesFoster

It's just a simple bent and cut piece of aluminum, and it's completely hidden once installed, so they didn't bother making it look or feel nice. Keeps the cost down, that's why it's only 35 bucks. If they put more effort into it it wouldn't be so cheap.

JNR

For $35, should at least be deburred; why I make my own stuff. As for fasteners, yeah doesn't surprise me as most things don't seem to come with them, but probably better because the stuff they usually supply you with is so-so anyway.

Last edited:

Rob88

I did a custom bracket just under the intake manifold. You can make it simple and get the JMF bracket or just zip tie it out of the way if your in a hurry.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned