The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

These Cars Are Unreliable?

4thStroke

Fair enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Nick, the car was completely immobile. All the tools in the world wouldnt have gotten me home unless we did a tranny swap in the PIR parking lot. That actually wouldnt have been too far out of place though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I got it towed home for $75 though, not too shabby.

I know the risks Im taking and I know I really cant blame the 18 year old car that was engineered for less than 200 brake horsepower for the sh*t we go through, I just enjoy poking fun at it.

My Subaru friends sure got a kick out of it. I just fired back with, "the only reason your Subies arent on the trailer is because they cant make enough power to break." This was with a group of close to a dozen or so Subie guys. It got pretty silent after that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

NICE! I thought you were talkin about another incident besides the tranny. A tow for $75 aint too bad though.

turbowop

Same here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif That's not Mitsu's fault, but you know that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4thStroke

Nope. Two weekends in a row, Im on a roll. I got blocked out of 3rd for a while and when it finally went in, I was in for a short while and it let go. I still went 15.5 at 80mph with a 2.3 60' (bogged bad). Ironically, I ran into Lucas at Duke's Country Bar last night and talked with him for a short while about it.

The tow was going to cost $140 from Executive Towing, but I buddy of mine was down there and we went and got his trailer. I have coverage for towing, but I doubt it would be easy to get State Farm to cover it since it was at PIR.

Last edited:

turbowop

When I blew first gear at Renegade Raceway in Yakima, I had the tow guy put the milepost where you turn off for the raceway road off of HWY97 instead of the actual place. State Farm gladly reimbursed me for the $110 tow. I told them something went bad in the transmission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lucas goes to bars? For some reason I just can't see him hanging out at a bar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
Nope. Two weekends in a row, Im on a roll. I got blocked out of 3rd for a while and when it finally went in, I was in for a short while and it let go.

Oh you will learn one day young grasshopper. It takes time to be wise like bold chicken.

uncleben4rice

Bought the car $3,000
Built it right $10,000
Passing Vetts and other over priced POS on the freeway Priceless.

Who cares if its a oil leaking, Worthless, hard to fix little POS. Its mines and I love it.
It does not matter if you Mod it or not, This car will break if you drive it hard.
That my friendless foes, is the nature of the beast. Drive it like a btcih and it may last for a while, drive it like old Uncle here, and it will break yo pockets. The choice is yours NEO.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Peace,
Your Uncle has spoken

CarRacer

^ You are Mr. current events aren't you? Using a mastercard joke and quoting the Matrix is the apex of pop culture right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

2of9

I've been daily driving mine in Minnesota winters and summers for 2 years and with tasteful mods. The only major issue that I've been running to is just the alty but that isn't as bad as oil leaks. About once every week I check my oil (just to see the engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). Like most have said on the forum, if you take good care of it, it won't go bad on you. I wish I had a bone stock GVR4, but my cousin's 1g dsm had me goin!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts