The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The EVO/Aftermarket seat bracket suspense date of April 5th

mooserage

Staff member
True, I guess you could melt it over the area and carefully razor blade it off and wipe the paint surface over it clean with some break clean or whatever to get excess, just an idea...

curtis

I just checked and Spenser's was going the furthest of anyone's so far and left the Nashville Hub yesterday morning so they should hit Washington tomorrow and be delivered Friday or Saturday if I had to guess but the website says Monday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

curtis

The wax idea should work I wrote the code for -.5 mm deep but used a .290 feeler gauge to set the height on the cutter off the object. So depth is only around .2 mm. This left minimal roll over but I still had to scrape the bracket with a razor a few times to get rid of any extra metal that rolled out and stayed connected. I then just took a stainless steel brush and brushed the area and called it good. You could melt the wax then scrape with a razor making covering passes a few times then paint and let cure for a few days then pick it out. I really planned on using alodine on these and leaving them looking like a new cadmium plated gold bolt but 600 for alodine was out of reach.

For anyone that wants bling the stuff is all go quality alloy and would polish up like a new wheel.

4thStroke

curtis, Fedex originally estimated theyd be here friday, then changed it to monday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Oh well, I wont be able to drive friday anyways even if they did show up then.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Man Fex ex work in mysterious ways. I shipped yours on Tuesday I think.

KGVR4

I will be sending you money within the next few days. I am a bit low right now but I definitely appreciate you doing this for the community and even though they came out to be more expensive they are still a great deal.

curtis

Thanks

If anyone gets them installed this weekend post up some pictures to the thread. Thanks.

KGVR4

Payment sent.

curtis

It looks like the east coast and central guys have got theirs so far that were shipped at the first of the week. Looks like all the rest will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Its Saturday so go do work... I want some install pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

chucklesas

I don't even have any aftermarket seats. I got these just in case I ever do.

curtis

^See that's what I'm talking about right there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

4thStroke

Just for Curtis.

One more for now.

I want to get the car out in natural sunlight before I start going crazy with photos. The flash in the garage just doesnt do anything justice.

I have more bolts left over, but I figured Id leave it at that in case I wanted to make any changes.

Last edited:

curtis

Spencer I designed them for 2 bolts just for over kill but a single holes should do fine.

Oh thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

curtis

All sets are claimed just waiting on payments.

curtis

For those still on the list and haven't paid. I have two sets sold with a buyer with cash in hand but the buyer isn't on the list so if there's anyone that is planning on backing out I need to know. Please post below Thanks Curtis

Romanova

Curtis, I just paid you. Sorry for the delay sir!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts