The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The EVO/Aftermarket seat bracket suspense date of April 5th

Muskrat

Quoting BOOSTIN HARD:
This is why I would have taken a down payment before I would have started making them. Its too easy for people to back out when they have nothing invested. They don't understand the amount of work it takes to write the code, find a way to hold them in a jig while your cutting them, the amount of time it takes to come up with a design(that works), to find the hardware, and to go above and beyond with the logo. All of this and you didn't take a dime for a deposit, it was all out of his own pocket.

This is the reason why you don't see people going out of there way to make one off stuff for the Galant's. Too many flakes.

For the people that are paying, my hats off to you. Since Curtis is an outsanding member here, I would recommend sending the payment as a gift to throw a couple extra bucks his way.

I don't know that it's really fair to bitch the guy out for backing out. Initial estimate was $80-100 and now he's telling us it's double that. I think it's fair to expect a few people to back out when that happens.

That said, these look like great pieces and I'll be sending my payment in the next couple days. That's for doing this curtis!

dustyduff

Brackets turned out very nice Curtis. Sent my money a few moments ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

well somoene understads thanks muskrat. i would have jumed on these if he would have gave more of a heads up before time i would have said no prob.but a $100 diff is kinda hard for me $kids/$house/$evo/$daycare/$food/$everythimg else. is a big difrence.but im not tyin to start sh*t I dont want this guy to wait for his money that he deseves for all his hard work "and a damn good job curtis sick as hell brackets"but if noone jumps on the last ones in a couple weeks ill be on a waiting list if anyone backs out like i did......boost your a hater your one of those guys that gives galantvr4.org a bad name.but i guess all forums have there peckerheads that like to belittle everyone for not having funds like them........

You have no idea who I am or what I have done for this community. When you open up your mouth like that it shows what kind of a person you are.

But nevermind, im a peckerhead and I love seeing a great member invest their own money to help out the community just to get kicked in the teeth for it.

Im not one to sit on the sidelines and let this go unnoticed, if you feel guilty about it, then so be it.

I didn't know that galantvr4.org had a bad name and i've been here a little bit longer then you have. Maybe you know something I don't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Stop fighting better things in the world to fight for.

Me and Issac (izze01) on here got the bolts bagged Friday evening and Saturday I had to jump through hoops to get the cutter extension and tool holder to all clear the angle since I'm cutting the top side now but the code runs fine and clears everything. I'll cut the ones already paid for and get them boxed up tomorrow and as people pay I'll continue to box wrap etc. I always go to Fed ex about 5pm so They be in the system and the tracking numbers I send tomorrow will be in the system then. Since they count bolts by weight I got extras of some but got shorted on one of the big allens for the floor and 6 of the lock nuts but I'll run by and get them this week. Tomorrow I'll take a picture of everything and show where all the hardware goes with measurements etc.

As for the angles to be bolted together. You'll need a small drill bit for a pilot hole a larger for the bolts. Its a 6mm and not measured what a normal or number size bit is for that and 4 copper pennies and two pairs of vice grips. Pennies or small pieces of aluminum make good vice jaws against aluminum. I swear to God if I see install pictures and I can see vice grip marks you'll be getting a name change. Something like "Fail" "couldn't find the hole" "I suck at drilling holes" etc. I spent way to much time with these to see you screw them up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

Ok here's pictures 17 sets now have logos I'll do the others as orders come in.
I did the other pictures to show where the hardware goes and you can read through the post above to see how the seat bracket attached to the floor brackets up front. Just remember check the seat rails to make sue there perfect square and centered before starting and follow my instructions about hand tight and in which order and you'll have no problems.

The steel washers go to the front brackets with the nuts
The plastic washers go to the back with the bolts
The 6mm x 40mm bolts go through the back rails
The 6mm x 20mm bolts go through the front of the factory rails to the smaller brackets included with this kit and then
The 6mm x 15mm bolts attach the smaller brackets to the larger bracket they're 8 of them.

I'll update the list and tell who have paid in a few I'm starting to wrap packages now. Thanks Curtis

BoostedAWD91

they are beautiful curtis!!! i like how you put /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif galant vr4 on all of them

curtis

I been trying to catch up. Numbers being sent in a few minutes. Please for the rest that haven't paid yet please make sure your address and sign on name is on the note section. Also for the ones that haven't paid I'll be sending a PM /bill sometime hopefully today.

strokin4dr

These really look great Curtis. I wish I had time for another visit so I could learn to work some of that equiptment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

curtis

Thanks man how's the little nasty coming along. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh and did you marry that girl yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

OK.... Now there's 2 open slots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Don't understand but I need these all to sell and I want be making anymore so if you want a set PM me and I'll add you to the list in the open slots. I'm going to put a For Sale ad up as well linked to this thread.

So far since I finished and put a price up only 12 of 34 sets have sold and shipped, I sent PM's to everyone and only 10 replied what they were doing and when they plan to send payment. To the ones that didn't respond, I understand as much as anyone. I build stuff for a living and have bills, problems etc like everyone else. I even have some major stuff lately come up and I really need to be paid as soon as possible. Thanks Curtis

4thStroke

Paul, mine are scheduled to be here monday, along with my DBAs. I should be able to make it by your place tuesday after work if that works for you. If you are on the fence, you may as well jump on it unless you have the ability to make your own. I plan on sprayin mine satin black, Id love to come up with a way to keep the "Galant VR-4" bare though.

mooserage

Staff member
Quoting 4thStroke:
Paul, mine are scheduled to be here monday, along with my DBAs. I should be able to make it by your place tuesday after work if that works for you. If you are on the fence, you may as well jump on it unless you have the ability to make your own. I plan on sprayin mine satin black, Id love to come up with a way to keep the "Galant VR-4" bare though.

Fill it with wax that can be removed after painting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4thStroke

Good point, but it seems like it may be tough to get such a fine line of wax in that shallow and thin of the etching.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts