The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

sourcing parts

mountaineerjeff

Hey guys I havent had a chance to work on my car in a really long time, so I kinda fell out of the loop. im gonna post a similiar ad in the wtb section, but i figured id start here for help.
I am gonna be making my own exhaust and intercooler setup and all I have is straight tubing,all sizes, welding equipment and a lift.

exhaust
I need a 16g flange to start with, then I want to disable the factory wg,
so I need an aftermarket wastegate, something that will be accurate up to 20-25 psi, im only running 10-15, but id like to be able to step-up
the wastegate also has to be able to fit in the general location of the o2 housing
Id need the WG flanges in and out, unless I went with a Vband setup which would be alot nicer
I need a 3" mandrel bent 90 degree peice of pipe, I only have a pipe bender.
also how expensive are vbands? id like to vband the DP so Id only need 2 3" one unless id did the WG as well then Id need one more

intercooler
I have a evo 8 intercooler and a 1g Blowoff valve so I need to find some 2.5" bends, I found that generic kit on ebay, but Id have to source connecters

My roomate is also doing a vband set up he found a set on ebay for im thinking 20 bucks shipped.

**edit just talked with him it was 28 shipped came with 2 mild steel v band flanges and a stainless clamp..

Last edited by a moderator:

also LMK and 89mirageman can help to for parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned