The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ETS front Mount kit and Greddy BOV

Hey guys my buddy just bought himself the holy grail of front mount kits, that's right the Ets kit lol. When he bought it there was an option to have it flanged for his greddy bov. As I was inspecting it I noticed There is no nipple on the j pipe for the wastegate/mbc. So my question is, do I need to weld on a nipple to the j pipe or can I just run my vacuum from the small nipple on the bov (in picture) to the mbc?

tektic

Not 100% sure as I don't have a greddy bov, but the bottom is left open for atmospheric pressure comparison.
That's what the dodge garage mod does for the factory bov at least.

minneSNOWta

I'm using a GReddy flange on my ETS, but was using the Type-RS. About to switch to the new FV. The RS doesn't have that lower nipple. I tapped a nipple onto the j-pipe because mine didn't come that way, so I can use my GReddy Profec B Spec-II.

manikbastrd

Quoting 1295inthe303:
Hey guys my buddy just bought himself the holy grail of front mount kits, that's right the Ets kit lol. When he bought it there was an option to have it flanged for his greddy bov. As I was inspecting it I noticed There is no nipple on the j pipe for the wastegate/mbc. So my question is, do I need to weld on a nipple to the j pipe or can I just run my vacuum from the small nipple on the bov (in picture) to the mbc?

I just have mine Tee'd into the line that comes off the manifold. I also have the ETS kit and Greddy type S, and like I said, I have a T that runs to my Bov and Boost controller via the line that comes out of the passenger side of the intake manifold. I can upload a pic if you would like to see.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned