The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shift knobs what do you like what do you have?

SmoothCustomer

Quoting 14u2nV:
I don't think the one is a stock galant, it's odd shaped and not like my other vr4 knob.

Make me a good offer and I might sell the heavy one, it's the one in my car now, but everything is always for sale for the right price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting Jesse_W:
Left to right

either 2g leather wrap or 3kgt, stock 1g horse cock, stock galant missing wrap?

BTW if you ever want to get rid of the 2g or what ever one that black leather one is i'd like to take it off your hands.

Jesse

Definitely not. A stock Galant one without the wrap is the same as a 2g non leather one, as far as I know. It would be shaped just like that first one. That being said, I prefer to take the leather off a stock Galant one, the shift pattern is even still there.

donkeylips

That one is a later 1g knob. And the stock gvr4 knob without leather is a little bit different than the non-leather 2g knob but very close.

What I'm slightly confused about is if all of the leather 2g shift knobs were weighted or not. One time I put a bunch of vins into CAPS to figure out all of the 2g shift knob part numbers and only came up with 4 different ones (non-leather gray or black, leather gray or black) and 2 shift boots(gray or black).

jepherz

Staff member
I have a marble shift knob in my Datsun. It's stock, super heavy, and like a fine wine it only get's better with age!

bazeng

Ralliart black knob here.

But I'm thinking of going one of these soon!

img.php

blacksheep

I am not a fan of round knobs as its hard to always grip them on the top to shift. I prefer a tapered knob that allows for both. Sometimes I like to grip the knob from the side and shift.

NinjaVR4

@onesickcrx Where did you get that carbon fiber enclosure for the boost gauges and head unit??? looks so good!

onesickcrx

The one around my radio with oil pressure, water temp and fuel pressure I made myself. The one on my upper dash that replaces one speaker I got from Garfield on his site Tuners Nation which is my Boost and Air/fuel

Hope this helps

NinjaVR4

yeah i was talking about the one around the radio and other gauges. Looks very cool! You wanna make me one and I'll pay you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chad989of2000

Ralliart Aluminum...love it.

BrandonEchols

^ What shift boot is that?
I really like the black leather w/ red stitching.

^^I really like that shift boot too! How much was that and where did you get it?

Chad989of2000

Quoting BrandonEchols:
^ What shift boot is that?
I really like the black leather w/ red stitching.

I know a guy who knows a guy. Actually eBay for around $20 shipped (from England). Fitment was a little bitchy and it's definitely made for a longer shifter than what I have, but I made it work. It looks awesome next to the Momo Monte Carlo w/ red stitching I use.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned