The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rally Armor Mudflaps

unistylef

I have been contemplating getting some of these flaps for my car. What are your thoughts on mud flaps? And particularly, which models/materials do you see most beneficial? There is quite the price difference between the basic universal and the actual performance ones.

Captn

I have some, they seem good... they are thick and still BNIB...... I have to use them.... Red flaps and green car XMAS anyone?

I have universal ones btw... they seem great very thick.

prove_it

Quoting unistylef:
I have been contemplating getting some of these flaps for my car. What are your thoughts on mud flaps? And particularly, which models/materials do you see most beneficial? There is quite the price difference between the basic universal and the actual performance ones.

All I can say is go for it. Spend the hundred dollars on mudflaps. That is if all your maintenance is taken care of. No loose suspension parts, etc.

Maintenance first, play later.

ade

15 or 25 dollar universals yeah sure, 100+ eeeehhhNO

Racah15

It's worth it. The difference is like the difference between stereo-type ABS plastic mm sheets, or a larger thicker cutting board style. I have the expensive ones, and they are definitely a lot nicer and more durable than the paper thin universal ones.

nsin

Those look tight!

veganbutcher

Put some the rally armor basic on 1408 without any special mounting hardware, looks great!
Just cut to size, drilled mounting holes into dogleg, nut and bolt them into place.

They are stiff enough to not "flap" on the freeway and keep my side skirts clean.

maroonmetallic

I have a full set of molded mudflaps for the Galant.
The fronts need a little creativity to fit but it is possible. The rears would line up perfectly.

-Shawn

tyeler18

Threads like these are worthless without pics. So here are my red "expensive" flaps. I'll go snap some pics from behind/side profile. The $100 flaps are definitely much better than the universals. I didn't buy them, they came on the car though, so justification for $100 mudflaps is kind of hard for me...

Last edited:

DR1665

From what I've seen on REAL RALLY CARS (not to besmirch RallyArmor, which is a reputable outfit with a quality product) are often one of the following options:

A. Buy one or two semi-trailer mudflaps from the local truck stop. Cut to fit. Attach with sheetmetal screws & washers or pop rivets
B. Buy bulk 0.125" thick Urethane sheeting (this is what they use in the WRC). Cut to fit. Attach with sheetmetal screws & washers or pop rivets

You can also pick up the WRC-type stuff from rallylights.com for about $20 per corner in red or black. Some trimming required.

tyeler18

Forgot to update this with pics of mine. I need to raise them back up a bit. The "stock springs on AGX struts" that I bought weren't infact "stock springs" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned