The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rally armor mud flaps help!

Larry Parker

Mine where larry armor but...

Quoting Adorsey:
" why werent they factory?"

1947 has factory flaps on her with mitsubishi molded in them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

As soon as I get back in town I will snap a few of them. I'll check, but I don't think I have any on my phone. Even if I did though, I'm not real sure how to post pics off my iPhone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks Garfield! That looks like them. Do yours have mitsu on the rear flaps across the bottom molded in?

DR1665

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Factory mud gaurds on my car.

So those are factory. I think 464/1000 came with a set in the trunk. I set em aside for use as a template for "Larry Armor" bits in the future.

Upgraded mud flaps might not be necessary at the track, but they are required behind all driven wheels in rally.

Dirt is for racing. Tarmac's for getting there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting Dbossman:
Thanks Garfield! That looks like them. Do yours have mitsu on the rear flaps across the bottom molded in?

Whatever was on there has faded. It's possible it said Mitsubishi @ point but I really don't know.

2of9

these would help sooo much in the snow right now. looks good

cheekychimp

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I got the fronts from New Zealand. The rears are from the US.

So those are USDM rears that fit the USDM bumper. They seem to fit the JDM bumper pretty damn well.

JSchleim18

The rear sections in the wheel wells are the same whether they're from the US or Japan

cheekychimp

You mean the mounting bolts? I can understand that but my recollection of the USDM rear mudflaps was that the shape of the moldings was different. If they fit the JDM bumper that well that's a real bonus.

Mine came on 1947, and I assure you the 2 PO's weren't modding nothing. Must of came on it originaly from the lot. There in great shape though. I couldn't imagine there being much difference from mounting on a JDM bumper, to a usdm bumper. Definitely a nice piece on our cars.

JSchleim18

Just an update...the Rally Armor Basic mud flaps are available again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned