The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Project Dustbuster" Build Thread 1990 Galant GSX Auto 4g63 Swap PTE6266

rexwagon1909

One of the members on here hooked me up with this for free and shipped it as well. Thanks 89Mirageman!!

Last edited:

tektic

Looks great. Didn't realize someone was doing all this to a Gsx same time as me. Keep post and pix comming.

GSX_TC

Good choice on that turbo, should perform nicely.

rexwagon1909

I think it will do good with 10:5 compression ratio with an Auto trans. My friend had similar set up and made 650whp thru 5spd. With auto if I can make 500whp or so I will be happy. Hoping for mid 10s with full interior

GSX_TC

Haha nice, that's gonna be nasty!

I'm looking to do the same thing as well to my gsx I have a 93 gsr motor in it though, what all would I need to do the swap? Can you pm me a list by chance?

transparentdsm

^ did you get the beige gsx in mickelson, nj? i was about to go see it, called the guy and it was sold.

rex: your car looks amazing. you have really put some time into it. did you ever get your rug and interor back together? im really excited to see your automatic shifter set up. i like the way i have it set up in my wifes car, but i hope to see something different.

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

Thanks man it's been a labor of love lol. I don't have the interior back in yet hopefully in the next month it will be completed as far as trans swap and engine build. I have a full 92 leather interior to install and I just got a mint set of conquest headsets off of mirageman. I am going to use a hurst pro matic shifter with the stock console with either a leather boot to make people think I have a 5spd or I planned on doing what golfball did and use a piece of carbon fiber. It's funny cause I wanted to do the carbon fiber insert with a slot cut out for the shifter for awhile and then I saw golfball did it lol. Hopefully it's all done by the shootout

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

I really like that car man looks good! Funny story about that car. I tried to buy that car originally from the member who had in VA. He had it posted on tuners before it was on here. Great guy I really wanted the car but I think he was having some title issue from OK or something. Not gonna lie I regret not getting that car, glad you are treating it right

TurboTurtle

Love this car man. Your as ocd as me. I just bought a tumbler to get allll bolts/screws/nuts/washers etc looking like new.
Definitely subscribed!

rexwagon1909

Thanks man!! I'm def OCD lol. I am going to have to get one of those tumblers, although I will say leave bolts overnight in a bath of Eastwoods rust dissolver and they come out like new. Just make sure to put alittle rust proof primer on the bolt top afterwards and they come out great. Just about every bolt from front end to the rear end has been treated lol

rexwagon1909

Started to build the motor. We ended up running into problems witht he oil squirters and the Wiseco HD pistons (no pics). The skirt is longer and strikes the oil squirter tip. Ending up bending one bad. Engine should be built tonight after oil quirter fix

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned