The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Project Dustbuster" Build Thread 1990 Galant GSX Auto 4g63 Swap PTE6266

rexwagon1909

Wheels: First I cleaned and degreased them, then lightly sanded them and filed down curb rash

Primered

I didn't want to be like everyone else and have black wheels (no offense) I wanted to be slightly different. I bought VHT "Cast Iron" Engine paint and Clear coat, the color has a little sparkle to it, Looks amazing in the light or up close.

After a couple coats of paint and clear

Then did the same to center caps then painted the Diamond "Ferrari Red" with model paint then cleared it

strokin4dr

Very nice job on everything so far.
I'm liking the wheels. Keep it up!

bobdole

Great job. Looks great. Reminds me when I did mine. Have fun!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
So, nice job you are doing, but why not replace the torn tie rod boot when you had it apart?

rexwagon1909

Some exterior Stuff:
Old Grille

Took an 89 Grille buffed the emblem to remove oxidation, then taped off the chrome and painted it the remaining areas (it was very faded)

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

More Exterior/Body
Before:

After: Cleaned everything and repainted everything

Although hood was replaced and painted by previous owner, he didnt paint it underneath. Didnt notice it at night lol, had some rust that I had to treat. Had to clean and degreased it. Used rust bullet, primed, and then 2 coats of engine enamel.
Before

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

Im a little OCD. I took all bolts (literally all of them and treated them in a rust remover bath that didnt harm them but removed all rust) later repainted every bolt.
Before and after results of bolts:

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

The door handles were very dull and oxidized. Light sanded them and painted them with 3 coats of plastic paint and 2 coats of clear:
Before

After:

rexwagon1909

More photo whoring:
This is how the car sits now: I added a JDM keyless gas door, and removed the non-power antenna. I bought an ebay eclipse power antenna and had to do alot of mod-ing to make it fight just right. I bought a set of 91 taillights buffed them along with all other signals, etc

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

Some goodies and MISC stuff then Im done for the evening:
Magnus intake bought used needed polishing

Hours later:

Turby Goodness PTE 6266

Little Meth

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned