The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pre Season Auto-x projects

vr4play

So I haven't done much to the car other than fix misc broken stuff. I wasn't quite satisfied with the suspension on the car but didn't like what was available for sale either. I have been planning this out for years but never got around to doing anything. Finally got around to getting it done. Custom front coilover shocks using Koni 8611 race inserts. I am re-doing the compression adjuster knob but for the most part its done and I've already got to test it out. I couldn't fund doing the custom rear shocks so I just had the ones already on the car re-valved. I also installed a set of FWD spindles. The car drives really good.

Here is a video of my fastest run on the new setup. Running on street tires. Getting ready for the shootout and max effort. click

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Great video.

EMX5636

Nice work! Any more info on the Coilover setup? I had always figured there must be a way to use cheap housings, and fit them with a Koni/Bilstein etc insert.

vr4play

Quoting EMX5636:
Nice work! Any more info on the Coilover setup? I had always figured there must be a way to use cheap housings, and fit them with a Koni/Bilstein etc insert.

I actually had a machine shop make the housings and a custom lower gland nut to house the adjuster adapter. I bought the lower mounts and spring perches from bc. I have tein camber plates and swift springs.

Coltsfan

What region do you run with? If it's the neohio region I may get to autocross with you sometime. I run with Misery Bay out of PA.

EMX5636

Quoting vr4play:
I actually had a machine shop make the housings and a custom lower gland nut to house the adjuster adapter. I bought the lower mounts and spring perches from bc. I have tein camber plates and swift springs.

That's pretty cool. I'm definitely intrigued.

GSTwithPSI

Those rear toe eliminators are nice. I just welded mine. Those heim joints on yours should give you the extra flex needed to relieve any stress put on the bushings, whereas the welded arm may bind some.

I enjoyed the video! It inspires me to get off my ass and get my cars running. So what's under the hood? Like Shane said, you rip around that course pretty good. Mod list, boost level, etc?

Last edited:

vr4play

I've not dyno'd the car for a while. I was hoping for between 400-450 at the wheels on the high boost setting which is 30 psi. Here is the mod list click
That run was on about 24 psi and e85. Moderate timing. Around 17-18 degrees.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned